Salary: $150000 – $200000
NY-based restaurant and hospitality group (partnering with notable brands) seeks VP of Operations to join their Executive team based in Los Angeles to oversee new chef-driven partnership. Ideal candidate will have strong restaurant operations experience (preferably in chef-driven environments) and proven record of team leadership at a company with likeminded reputation around food, beverage and atmosphere. This role will be responsible for complete oversight of all current and future properties, and management/licensing partnerships. Leading management teams in providing excellent service to guests at all properties, maintaining top-notch food quality, and meeting budgeted goals for revenue and cost control via daily operations while developing the leadership teams at each location.
The Vice President of Operations will be based in Los Angeles and will report to the Chef Owner and Board of Directors. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for executing the strategic vision of a new Los Angeles based partnership while maintaining operational excellence at the unit level. Their focus will be balanced between cultural/operational excellence, financial success, and business development.
They will be tasked with standardizing operational and corporate policies and systems that will serve as the foundation on which the company will grow. S/he will be actively engaged in the restaurant operations to help fortify the culture and make it tangible for all stakeholders. Building the team and a bench by recruiting top tier talent to bring the strategic vision to life will be paramount.
Financial acumen in budgeting, cash flows and a culture of accountability is key. Evaluating current systems and a constant eye for finding efficiencies and leveraging technology will help fuel the company’s growth. They will also be responsible for creating a long term operational and capital budget and provide regular updates to the board and investors. They are expected to lead with the highest level of integrity ensuring compliance in all aspects of business.
The VP of Ops will be tasked with vetting, modeling, and evaluating new business opportunities including licensing, management, and lease deals. An understanding of real estate site selection, experience with brokers and lease negotiations plays a pivotal part of the company’s future growth. They will also be responsible for ensuring projects are built on time and on budget.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Operational acuity in managing a full service multi-unit restaurant company
- Proven track record scaling restaurant brand
- Experience working within chef-driven operations
- Meticulous about detail
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), Payroll, POS, and COGS Systems. Excellent project management and organization skills
- Proven ability to mange NRO critical path
- Well versed in California restaurant industry specific Labor Laws (MUST have Los Angeles market experience!)
- Understanding of real estate site selection, broker engagement and lease negotiations
- Genuine passion for hospitality, innovation and creating phenomenal experiences for others
- 10 years executive leadership or Director level of experience in multi-unit full service restaurant company
- Proven track record overseeing $25 million+ in revenue
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hospitality or Business (preferred)
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Fun/Collaborative Environment