Salary: $200000 – $250000
LA-based restaurant group seeking seasoned Vice President of Operations to help drive growth for Chef driven restaurant company. Ideal candidate will have strong restaurant operations experience (preferably in fine dining, chef-driven environments) and proven record of team leadership at a company with likeminded reputation around food, beverage and atmosphere. This role will be responsible for complete oversight of all current and future business lines (5 anticipated by end 2023). The VP of Ops will be focused on leading management teams in providing excellent service to guests at all properties, maintaining top-notch food quality, and meeting budgeted goals for revenue and cost control via daily operations while developing the leadership teams at each location.
Candidate MUST have significant LA market knowledge within restaurant operations as well as exposure or familiarity with management/licensing partnerships.
The Vice President of Operations will be based in Los Angeles and will report to the Chef Owner and Investment Partners. This position will be a hands on role responsible for executing the strategic vision of the company while maintaining operational excellence at the unit level. Focus will be balanced between cultural/operational excellence, financial success, and business development.
This position will be tasked with standardizing operational and corporate policies and systems that will serve as the foundation on which the company will grow. S/he will be actively engaged in the restaurant operations to help fortify the culture and make it tangible for all stakeholders. Building the team and a bench by recruiting top tier talent to bring the strategic vision to life will be paramount.
Financial acumen in budgeting, cash flows and a culture of accountability is key. Evaluating current systems and a constant eye for finding efficiencies and leveraging technology will help fuel the company’s growth. They will also be responsible for creating a long term operational and capital budget and provide regular updates to the board and investors. They are expected to lead with the highest level of integrity ensuring compliance in all aspects of business.
The VP of Ops will be tasked with vetting, modeling, and evaluating new business opportunities including licensing, management, and lease deals. An understanding of real estate site selection, experience with brokers and lease negotiations plays a pivotal part of the company’s future growth. They will also be responsible for ensuring projects are built on time and on budget.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Operational acuity in managing a full service multi-unit restaurant company (candidates MUST have RESTAURANT INDUSTRY EXPERTISE)
- Proven track record scaling restaurant brands
- Experience working within chef-driven operations
- Meticulous about detail
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), Payroll, POS, and COGS Systems. Excellent project management and organization skills
- Proven ability to mange NRO critical path
- Well versed in California restaurant industry specific Labor Laws (MUST have Los Angeles market experience!)
- Understanding of real estate site selection, broker engagement and lease negotiations
- Genuine passion for hospitality, innovation and creating phenomenal experiences for others
- 10 years senior leadership or VP level of experience in multi-unit full service restaurant company with at least 5 locations
- Experience managing a corporate structure with multiple department heads as direct reports
- Proven track record overseeing $25 million+ in revenue
- Previous experience working with investment partnerships and multiple owners/partners
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hospitality or Business (preferred)
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus/Profit Share Potential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Growth to COO position