Expanding upscale dining brand is looking for a U.S Sales & Marketing Director to oversee the brand expansion into the US Market. The U.S. Sales & Marketing Director will have a strong understanding of the connections between brand, customer experience and business performance. This role is primarily based out of NYC with travel to Chicago as the second location comes on board.
You will work with the corporate Marketing Director to lead, create and execute a compelling brand calendar to support business goals, including local strategy and content, that everyone can understand and sign up for while aligning with global brand standards.
In addition, this role will drive demand for Private Dining and Event Business and off-site catering events to brand awareness for U.S. In-depth knowledge of the competitive set and building offers that will attract customers to book full and partial buyouts and private dining rooms. You will know the go-to demand drivers that will make an impact.
You will be comfortable driving the strategy while being hands-on and results-orientated. Working cross-functionally and across regions to generate or receive an idea, translate it into a structured plan and implement it clearly, maintaining world-class standards.
- Lead, create, and execute the brand marketing strategy and calendar to maintain & scale company as a world-class brand
- Lead, create and execute the plan to deliver restaurant, private dining and events cover and budget targets
- Develop and execute the plan to smash the Chicago launch (Spring 2024) and future openings
Brand & Marketing:
- Lead/manage NYC & Chicago marketing calendar and budgets
- Work with the UK central brand & marketing team to deliver omnichannel campaigns (PPC, Paid/organic social, Web, E-commerce, gift cards, etc.)
- Working with the US PR suppliers to deliver stand-out marketing campaigns that deliver business goals.
- Be the US consumer and employer brand lead/drive/execution.
- Lead on internal comms; communicate NYC & Chicago news on workplace.
- Establish and maintain KPI & reporting frameworks
- Line manage the current and future Sales Manager(s) and Marketing Manager(s) to support the delivery of plans.
- Working closely with Product Development and Design to create a content strategy that keeps the brand relevant year-round.
- Plugged into the food and beverage industry with in-depth knowledge of industry events, food festivals, and trade shows.
- Lead and execute the U.S. B Corp, charitable and sustainability initiatives.
Private Event Sales:
- Lead and execute the customer acquisition and retention strategy of US/NY/Chicago PDRs.
- Working alongside Sales Managers, General Managers, Executive Chefs and service teams who will be responsible for conversion.
- Creating and delivering a strategy for achieving sales aligned with brand values and budgets.
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships, being the main point of contact for all U.S. and national PDR customer groups, including PA’s trade, concierges, associations, listings, agencies, local businesses, etc.
- Responsible for activating listings, platforms, and agencies and planned brand/ticketed events across U.S. restaurants, working alongside GMs to deliver in restaurants.
- Need to obtain a Rolodex of industry contacts across all markets: corporate, social, media/television, fashion, pharmaceuticals and technology. Support regional managers with strategic frameworks, acquisition, strategy, and training.
- Establish and maintain KPI & reporting frameworks.
Skills and expectations:
- An excellent track record of building compelling creative campaigns across online and offline channels, with the requisite ROI-driven approach.
- Proven track record of delivering demand for Private Dining and Events.
- Deep knowledge of using digital content to drive sales, building engaging campaigns that gain traction with bloggers, journalists and customers alike – as well as with staff, who have the most direct contact with customers.
- Ability to use data to inform decision-making and assess performance, bringing the data to life for all parts of the organization.
- Ability to communicate campaigns and performance simply to a range of stakeholders.
- Comfort working to tight deadlines, managing multiple projects and a lean budget creatively to make it go far.
- A sense of pride in the work produced and the excitement of repositioning the brand journey. Can role model “work hard and be nice to people”, and makes others feel optimistic.
- Plugged into food and beverage industry, with in depth knowledge of the go to players that will help drive business goals.