Salary: $63000 – $65000
A soon-to-open restaurant, brewery and event space seeks a talented sous chef to bring an elevated culinary perspective to this seasonal, ingredient-driven gastropub menu.
The Sous Chef oversees and coordinates daily activities and operations of cooks and other employees engaged in preparing and cooking food products; maintains the quality, presentation, professional attitude, and sanitation of the kitchen. Candidates must have a sincere desire to make guests feel at home and a non-stop drive to deliver outstanding service. High volume experience is preferred.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
- 2+ years of culinary management experience in a high-volume upscale restaurant
- Strong knowledge of food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitation, effective time management and quality control
- Basic understanding of administrative tasks including inventory, purchasing, scheduling
- Desire to learn from our culinary leaders and develop professionally and personally
- Health Insurance
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.