Established and acclaimed restaurant group is currently looking for experienced Sous Chefs to join our their team. The ideal candidate displays an excitement for food and hospitality. As a critical member of the culinary team, a successful Sous will prioritize positivity, passion, and flexibility. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an energetic, seasoned and diverse team that is committed to creating an inclusive and dynamic workplace to learn, collaborate and grow.
- Influentially lead a team while working collaboratively with Executive Chef to execute dishes and assist menu development
- Produce consistent, quality dishes in a fast-paced environment
- Provide a positive influence to the team and coverage or assistance to all stations as needed
- Work well under pressure while also creating a welcoming work environment that increases staff morale
- Ability to multitask, watch wastage, cooking temps and quality to reduce additional costs
- Assist with inventory to support the kitchen operating at a sustainable food cost
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary standards throughout the facility in compliance with DOH standards.
- Maintain a safe environment for all Team Members.
- 2+ years of culinary / food and beverage line position in a high-volume restaurant
- Excellent knife skills, plating techniques, and attention to detail
- New York City Food Handler Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Lift and carry 30+ pounds
- Ability to work long hours standing, shifts will last up to 10 hours
As an important member of our team, you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits + Dental/Vision
- Paid Time Off + Work Life Balance
- Family meal while working + Dining Discounts when off
- Learning & Development