Salary: $55000 – $68000
Three Michelin Star and Michelin Green Star restaurant serving California contemporary cuisine grounded by Italian culinary principles is seeking a passionate, driven and experienced Sous Chef. The restaurant’s daily menus are fiercely seasonal, with the ingredients informing and inspiring all creations from the culinary team. The ideal candidate will have varied experience and be clearly passionate about food and beverage, people and hospitality. You perform well under pressure and have an insatiable desire to learn. This is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
This position reports directly to the Executive Chef/Owner and Chef de Cuisine. Candidate would assist to oversee all aspects of the kitchen and back of the house operations, including the development and execution of daily changing tasting menus, kitchen/staff management, operational and financial effectiveness. Candidate must be well versed in Michelin level cuisine and currently be working as a Sous Chef or be ready to take the next step. Applicant must have at least 4 years of experience in a fine dining background. Individual must be highly motivated, possess strong organizational skills and leadership qualities with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of restaurant personnel.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- 401K with up to 4% matching employer contribution
- Purchase wine from both restaurant lists at cost
- Consistent scheduling with 2 consecutive days off in a row
- Competitive compensation
- Tax deferred commuter benefits program to save money if you pay for parking or public transportation
- Company-wide dining discount and up to 50% discount on retail wine purchasing
- Personalized structured career development plan and advancement opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in R&D programming to include sourcing, product tasting, and farmers market visits
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Family meals provided