The Sous Chef will work closely with the Executive Chef of our intimate, award winning, chef-driven concept in San Francisco. General duties include but not limited to; BOH team supervision, menu development, health & sanitation compliance, facilities management, operational and financial effectiveness, ordering, cost & labor control. Fundamental to the position is an understanding of the owners’ vision and plans for the company and the ability to communicate and manage to them effectively. Experience in an elevated, chef-driven kitchen preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on beautiful cuisine and unparalleled hospitality.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years in a kitchen management/supervisory role
- Food Handler’s certification
- Availability to work every day of the week including holidays
- Strong team leadership & development skills
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for 7-8 hours (excluding breaks) at a time
- Must be able to move 40 pounds at time
- Must be able to comply with all health and safety standards
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits
- Closed 2 days/week