A well respected restaurant group seeks a sous chef for their bakery/cafe in Venice. Consider this role if you are committed to great ingredients, warm hospitality, and well designed restaurant spaces. The menu is driven by the seasons, vegetable-forward, and emphasizes clean and healthy techniques and many years of baking know-how.
This growing restaurant group seeks highly motivated sous chefs who care deeply about food, coffee, and hospitality.
The sous chef will:
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant's policy and vision
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like a "well-oiled machinery"
- Produce high-quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location's standards, as well as to clients' requirements
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish's aspect and its taste
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Experience as a sous chef or kitchen manager
- Strong leadership capability with an emphasis on leading by example
- Unmatched professionalism and the highest standards for cleanliness and organization
- Advanced knife skills
- Experience with labor management, costing and recipe development
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication and time management ability
- A focus on the details, especially food quality, food safety and sanitation
- An active ServSafe Food Safety Certificate
- A flexible schedule. Mornings, nights, weekends and holidays are required
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement plan, 401 (k) (after one year)
- Quarterly bonus program
- 2 weeks paid vacation in first year, 3 weeks after 3 years
- Company Dining Program
- Work-Life Balance
- EOE: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We are an EEO Employer.