Forbes-rated, luxury hotel in Los Angeles is seeking a talented restaurant General Manager for their beautiful, 140 seat, European-inspired restaurant. This group requires a strong leader who leads with passion and kindness. Disciplined, detail-oriented, solution-focused and charismatic are all adjectives we expect will describe the ideal General Manager for this location. Top line - $9mm per year.
The General Manager (GM) will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant. Specifically, the GM will oversee all employees, restaurant inventory and general cost of goods, and ensure that all aspects of operation comply with applicable company policies.
Every colleague in this establishment is responsible for ensuring that each and every guest has a most memorable experience. This experience begins with the cleanliness and appearance of our facilities and staff and is enhanced by going the extra mile in our efforts. Each colleague plays a crucial role in the maintenance of their workspace before and during their shift, and our guest’s experience is always the top priority.
- Understand all existing policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs in place; implement and execute systems to ensure the business is operating in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws
- Create and manage systems to ensure the restaurant is organized to achieve consistently high operating standards; achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Implement and execute expense control and cash management systems required to achieve business budgets; analyze revenue and expenses to identify where improvements can be made
- Oversee employee recruitment, training, development, managing performance evaluations, disciplinary action, employee relations, and benefits
- Prepare weekly employee schedules, ensuring that service will not only be appropriately staffed but that labor costs will remain within budget
- Process payroll, facilitate proper cash handling and employee closeout procedures, and manage petty cash and tip distributions in accordance with company policy
- Manage the facility to improve longevity of furniture, fixtures and equipment, reduce expenses and achieve quality standards, including, but not limited to, the point-of-sale (POS) systems, internet, trash, recycling, and cleaning services
- Perform any other tasks commonly expected of an individual holding a high-level management position such as this one
- Degree in the hospitality field is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of General Manager experience in a luxury, fine-dining setting
- Corporate experience is a huge plus!
- Experience with ADP payroll and online scheduling platforms
- Keen ability to manage all personality types as well as develop managers
- Experience managing annual top line of $7-10mm
- Guest focused, “on-the-floor,” Maitre D sensibilities - Charisma is key!
- Strong sense of discipline and excellent time management
- Ability to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of all employees
- Must have knowledge of food service and hospitality industry, generally involving at least three (3) years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions
- Possess basic math skills in order to handle money and/or operate our POS system
- Ability to be extremely active for long periods of time, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout an entire shift
- Ability to lift and easily maneuver heavy objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- 401K with 4% match after 90 days
- Unlimited PTO
- Hotel Discounts
- Phone Stipend
- Dry cleaning Stipend