Responsible for the daily coordination of all food and beverage service and operations within the restaurant, bar, backbar terraces and lounge. Work under the guidance of the Director of Food & Beverage to develop, implement, and monitor effective and compliant processes and procedures in alignment with company culture and philosophy. Ensure the planning, training, development and mentoring of direct reports to achieve service objectives and guest satisfaction. Assist in the curation and ordering of the beverage program. Demonstrate leadership, creativity, integrity, and resourcefulness.
- 3 + years management experience in an esteemed restaurant/hotel operation.
- Advanced wine and spirits knowledge; sommelier certification preferred.
- Prior event experience preferred.
- Degree in hospitality management or similar, applicable field preferred.
- Knowledge of New York State Health and Sanitation Guidelines. NY Food Handlers Certificate preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively, independently, and efficiently with time constraints.
- Must be creative, innovative, and proactive.
- Must be detail oriented and perform work accurately and timely.
- Proficient computer skills necessary including Microsoft Office, Micros Symphony, and Sharepoint.
- Financial management cost controls, food and labor cost management experience required.
- Ability to effectively, professionally, and respectfully communicate with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and clients.
- Able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels (weekend and holiday availability required). We will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs.