High profile restaurant group is seeking an experienced R&D Chef for the opening of a new restaurant concept in NYC next spring. This Chef will collaborate with senior leadership on the birth of a new concept for this popular restaurant group. The main focus of this Chef will be researching trends, writing recipes, plate costing, sourcing quality ingredients, trial and error tastings and a lot of creative collaboration and cooking with other expert chefs. This is a role for a creative, collaborative person who can handle honest feedback, occasional rejection and tons of praise when you create a menu that thousands of sophisticated diners will enjoy for years to come. It’s basically a dream job!
***We are open to full time applicants as well as candidates who are looking for 6-12 month consultancies. Title is also open for discussion for the right candidate.
- Minimum 3+ year experience in Exec Chef role (or higher).
- Recent opening experience
- Michelin and/or James Beard recognition a huge plus!
- Inventory control, menu, plate & labor costing.
- Thorough knowledge of food handling practices including a food protection certificate.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to teach and motivate a dynamic team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Passion for success, and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.
- Intermediate computer skills & knowledge.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Phone and dining allowance
- Press recognition