Salary: $70000 – $90000
Highly regarded SF restaurant group with a collection of unique concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to oversee all purchasing activities within the company. This is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
- The ability to ensure the department works closely with the Culinary Director, Assistant Culinary Director, Chefs De Cuisine and General Managers to purchase the highest quality products at the lowest price where applicable.
- The ability to ensure all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved.
- The ability to recommend and implement purchasing concepts that save money through contract, quantity discount and pre-price increase purchasing.
- The ability to maintain accurate written food specifications and use them effectively for price quotations and receiving.
- The ability to supervise receiving, documenting, storage, issue procedures as outlined in the policy and procedure manuals, ensuring product pricing, rotation and inventory levels as well as storage area sanitation.
- The ability to control purchase of non-food merchandise through effective purchase order system including competitive bids.
- Ability to maintain accurate records for all products for usage information. Compares actual to theoretical inventory levels to assure storeroom security standards are sufficient.
- The ability to ensure all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
- The ability to coordinate the annual operating equipment and supply requirements.
- The ability to conduct quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- The ability to coordinate and participate in all month end and quarterly inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Achieving procurement operational objectives by contributing operational information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Assist the daily operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs, internal controls and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Supervise and manage receiver personal on the day-to-day operational requirements, events and communicate effectively in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate excel proficiency.
- Exposure/familiarity with systems: Birchstreet, Avero, Micros, PlateIQ, Binwise, Excel
- Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 or more years of progressive procurement/storeroom operations experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift and occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to traverse safely through the different restaurant areas and walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to comply with all health and safety policies.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- 401K with up to 4% matching employer contribution
- Purchase wine from both restaurant lists at cost
- Consistent scheduling with 2 consecutive days off in a row
- Competitive compensation
- Tax deferred commuter benefits program to save money if you pay for parking or public transportation
- Company-wide dining discount and up to 50% discount on retail wine purchasing
- Personalized structured career development plan and advancement opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in R&D programming to include sourcing, product tasting, and farmers market visits
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Family meals provided