Creative full-service casual dining restaurant company with various restaurant locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and New York is in search of a Payroll Manager (Bilingual English/Spanish) to join our team. This position will be based in NYC and will support the entire organization that processes payroll weekly of non-exempt and exempt payroll. There is a Payroll Specialist and ½ person assisting with Payroll.
The Payroll Manager will supervise all functions relating to the administration and processing of payroll and operate as the immediate subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve all payroll issues that may arise. Reviews payroll data for accuracy and completeness, inputs, and balances payroll data accurately, ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to general manager for payroll validation.
• Supports creating of Payroll Reporting Structure that supports the needs of the business and general managers.
• Researches, gathers, and analyzes needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related to day-to-day operations.
• Assesses payroll needs and identifies/recommends payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance the payroll process based on market/industry trends that have a positive impact to the business.
• Leverages internal resources to provide exceptional payroll service, meets deadlines and keeps stakeholders informed of resolution status.
• Interfaces with department management and other internal constituents to support actions and initiatives, which improves payroll capabilities.
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing payroll assignments or tasks in a timely manner; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Escalates complex payroll issues and follows through to resolution, ensuring appropriate communication to all involved parties.
• Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices. Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and Payroll.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of one to two years of experience in payroll manager with a restaurant group or other relevant experience is required.
• Bilingual speaking skills in English and Spanish
• Experience with Paylocity payroll + Time/Attendance and Toast for Time and Attendance. .
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Strong proficiency and experience in payroll administration and practices, and knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
• Experience and payroll working knowledge of Paylocity, and Toast payroll systems.
• Experience overseeing/administration of Tip(s) payroll processing for hourly FOH staff.
• Customer service skills in a team environment.
• Able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external business units and stakeholders.
• Strong time management, organizational and facilitation skills with experience handling multiple task/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
• Exhibits good stewardship of monetary resources.
• Understands various HR disciplines and their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
• Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting as well as with client contacts for change management in practices and processes that do not support compliance with local, state, or federal law pertaining to payroll and labor practices.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
• Principles, practices, and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.