Salary: $75000 – $80000
PASTRY SOUS CHEF
ANNUAL SALARY $75K – $80K
Looking for a PASTRY SOUS CHEF to join this fantastic team at Ritz Carlton Nomad.
José Andrés Group restaurants have always been centered around our original mission, Change the World through the Power of Food! From fast-casual to fine dining and everything in between, JAG’ers know they all play a critical role in the overall success of our brands.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Pay with industry-leading benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO
- 50% off food at any of our restaurants
- Bonus eligibility
- Flexible Schedules
- Fun, Dynamic, Innovative atmosphere
- Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement opportunities
Lead and manage all restaurant operations in partnership with the Pastry Head Chef to offer a world-class culinary experience, and ensure concept vision and JAG standards are executed consistently. Demonstrate that employees are the highest priority, maintain a positive work environment, and develop the next generation of restaurant leaders. Take ownership of the restaurant; ensure the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably. Position reports to the Restaurant’s Pastry Head Chef.
- Work with the JAG Culinary Team to create innovative and authentic menus.
- Educate self and team on regional history, culture, and cuisine.
- Research and utilize industry trends, innovative techniques, and environmentally friendly products/procedures.
- Understand, develop, coach, and consistently execute TFG’s culinary standards.
- Ensure consistent menu execution by using tools such as line checks, menu change SOPs, and recipes.
- Constantly work to improve standards and guest satisfaction. Impact service by being present on the line during peak times, press events, and festival periods.
- Japanese Cuisine Experience Preferred
Performance and Talent Development:
- Educate, coach, and build teams to exceed expectations.
- Develop a team of prepared and qualified leaders to move upward in the organization.
- Clearly define expectations and hold individuals accountable.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to your team in a timely manner and document it when appropriate.
- When necessary, create and implement action plans to overcome employee opportunities.
- Delegate appropriately and fairly to develop and motivate the team.
- Use education budgets to develop and educate the team.
- Actively recruit and hire top-tier talent.
- Treat potential employees with the same sense of hospitality and respect as employees and guests.
- Execute training program consistently for hourly, management trainee, and management employees.
- Facilitate and assist with the occasional stage or Home Office employee as they do their restaurant training.
Ambassador of JAG Culture:
- Seek out opportunities to communicate Jose Andres Group’s vision to the team, guests, students, vendors, and community clearly and positively.
- Lead by example in all interactions. Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative in daily tasks by anticipating business needs and proactively addressing issues.
- Readily adjust to circumstances and manage change effectively by finding ways to accommodate team and guests by always ‘making it happen’ without sacrificing quality.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating no tolerance for negative behaviors.
- Welcome new ideas and seek feedback from the team by asking questions.
- Exemplify professionalism and hospitality in all interactions and especially in difficult situations.
Manage Daily Operations:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring they operate efficiently and profitably.
- Understand, practice, and teach JAG policies and procedures.
- Ensure concept and JAG vision and communicate a policy to team and managers.
- Manage and oversee all day-to-day operations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Provide a safe, clean, organized, and sanitary work environment.
- Teach and enforce Food Sanitation and Safety standards.
- Ensure all Health Standards and federal and state laws are met.
- Correct all violations with a sense of urgency.
- Create an environment where information is shared as a rule.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and take accountability for completion.
Manage Financial Results:
- Develop and execute a plan to stay within department budgets and maximize profits.
- Actively manages inventory, waste, and pricing to meet cost targets. Effectively manage kitchen and janitor labor, scheduling, and payroll.
- Share financial information with the management team to develop and understand the impact of their decisions.
- Ensure tools such as Compeat are utilized correctly, and data is accurate.
- Reach out to the JAG community for support as needed.
- Support the Head Chef for the day-to-day execution of menus in your immediate area.
- You have full working knowledge of all menu items, recipes, prep lists, and station setups.
- You have an understanding of all equipment, how it operates, and how to maintain & clean equipment.
- You have full financial control and responsibility for your immediate area, including food, labor and supply control, and costs.
- You lead by example- by being proactive in assisting all Team Members in any area of operation
- including outside of your immediate AOR.
- You oversee training and development and daily output of Team Members, taking action where needed to ensure smooth operations.
- You are responsible to enforce & uphold standards, you inform and hold Team Members accountable to the same standards and issue corrective action when a Team Members performance or behavior is outside accepted JAG standard.
- Chefs are responsible for their entity-specific Recipe books, Daily upkeep, and updating as needed when there are menu changes.
- Chefs Oversee Station sets up and conducts line walks for quality control, cleanliness, organization, adherence to recipes, food safety, and its appearance.
- Chefs Insure Deep cleaning schedule and equipment maintenance in maintained.
- Chefs complete Weekly Schedules 3 weeks in advance
- Chefs are responsible for compliance and Food safety adherence per NYC Guidelines and JAG policies and procedures
- Chefs report for all shifts as scheduled or speak personally with a director if you are unable to work a scheduled shift.
JOSE ANDRES GROUP restaurants span across America including Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas, NYC, Chicago and of course Washington, DC. Soon Los Angeles and Dubai. Since 1993, our restaurants reflect the authentic roots of each concept and showcase José’s passion for telling the stories of a culture through food.