A corporate dining Service company that serves a well known tech company seeks a Pastry Sous chef to assist in providing high quality dining experiences for their employees, clients and visitors at a Corporate location at the Hudson Yards. As the Pastry Sous Chef for this company, you will have a set schedule Monday through Friday starting at 6 am to 4pm daily. You will be responsible for oversight of the Café dessert and pastry production to ensure all production is in accordance with the required recipes/guidelines. You will oversee 4 bakers while also performing the following:
- Responsible for achieving company objectives and goals. Foster and promote the brand and values within the client’s culinary culture.
- Promote and ensure that all staff is adhering to safety culture.
- Develop and maintain an employee engagement program that is based on core values.
- Instructs team on duties and techniques, foster growth, understand individual strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Communicates job expectations to hourly employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies procedures and productivity standards.
- Partner with upper management and HR for guidance regarding corrective actions, reviews and employee issues.
- Check menus periodically to fall within dessert guidelines and to break any rigidity with overseeing leads/team in general and to write menus and order guides ideally 3 weeks in advance.
- Research and development with both standard & international desserts.
- Ensure all food items are prepared and handled in a timely manner and while adhering to local food safety and health guidelines.
- Promotes safety within team members and ensure all team members are working in line with safety practices, and reports injuries by following company standards and procedures.
- Prepares food items consistently by adhering to standards with portion sizes, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for food quality and production.
- Responsible for daily and weekly pastry/dessert production.
- Attends to all scheduled meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Prepares food items consistently by adhering to all recipe standards.
- Participate in clients meeting.
- Assist with hiring process from start to finish.
Education and Work Experience
- Culinary Degree (preferred but not required).
- 3-5 years of full production/scratch kitchen, and or baking experience.
- 3-4 years of management or leading a team.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
-Work/life balance (Monday through Friday Schedule)
- Family Leave
- EOE - We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.