This restaurant group has established a unique mark on New York City’s restaurant scene creating buzzworthy restaurants that are founded in collaboration, professionalism, and innovation. Their attention to detail and commitment to employee growth has created a company culture that is welcomed and necessary.
This group group currently looking for experienced Pastry Chefs to join their culinary team. The ideal candidate displays an excitement for food and hospitality. As a critical member of the culinary team, a successful Pastry Chef will prioritize positivity, passion, and flexibility. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an energetic, seasoned and diverse team that is committed to creating an inclusive and dynamic workplace to learn, collaborate and grow.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
The Pastry Chef is a vital member of both the pastry department and the restaurant. In this leadership role, their responsibilities have grown from that of a pastry sous. Below is an outline of expectations and responsibilities for the Pastry Chef.
Ongoing day-to-day operations including but not limited to:
- Set an example for the pastry department in terms of professionalism and cleanliness
- Hire, train, and discipline of all staff
Pastry Daily Operations
- Assist in research, development, implementation, and standardization of all recipes
- Maintenance of all equipment, tools and physical workspaces of the pastry department
- Understand and comply with all health department standards and practices
- Assist with ordering, costing and inventory of all pastry related items
- Ability to work all sections of the pastry department
- Oversee and lead the pastry department
- We ask that you work a minimum of a 5 (five) day, 50 (fifty) hour week, on site.
- On occasion and as issues arise; it may be necessary for you to work extra nights and weekends, to ensure our operations run smoothly.
- The Pastry Director and Executive Chef will determine your schedule in accordance with the restaurant’s needs.
- Lead by example (always prompt, professional, energetic, upbeat and confident)
- Treat all staff with respect at all times
- Communicate issues with Pastry Director and Executive Chef as they arise
- Ability to listen and give time to all employees
- Always compliment in public and discipline in private (with another manager present)
Equal opportunity employer. Frenchette does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.