Salary: $100,000 – $
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will assist in managing the operations and production of events for the Off Premise division of catering. This person will ensure that product quality, revenue, profit, associate moral, and all related aspects of the business are functioning at the highest possible level. The Operations Manager will be a critical partner to the VP of Operations to achieve annual plans and address the challenges of the growing business. They must work closely with the VP of Operations in promoting the Company’s culture, mission and philosophy.
- Expertise in On & Off-premise catering, restaurants and cocktail lounge operations
- Must have experience in entrepreneurial and corporate business environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Profit and Loss management
- Able to work flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Ability to effectively manage problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to work with and understand financial information and data.
- Must have professional competitive drive and demeanor.
Essential Job Functions:
Profit and Loss
Responsibility for all controllable expenses
Month review of P&L
Act on trends to adapt as needed to drive profit
Generate sales and lead generation reports to analyze performance
Assist and Lead Weekly operations meetings
Work with Director of Service, Culinary team, department heads and Sales team to establish, implement and maintain standard procedures and best practices for the business and OP staff and all of the properties.
Oversee service staff development to meet business needs
Work with Staff Booker to ensure resources are available to meet season demands
As needed participate in specific event planning
Attend events to ensure high level of service and support team
Work with all departments and Director of Service to design and implement service plans for large and/or complex events
Work on “as needed” basis in event production and execution
Work with the VP of Operations on new business openings and operational oversight of new properties
Assist VP of Operations analyze feasibility of new business opportunities
Assist VP of Operations develop business models, implement best practices for new businesses
General and Administrative
Hire, develop, train, coach and counsel, and conduct performance evaluations of staff
Interface with State Liquor Authority for all license issues and permits
Contract and legal reviews/addendums to include NDA’s, Hold Harmless, Etc…
Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
Follow proper time keeping policies and procedures
Follow the sign in and out procedure for keys.
Know and follow all emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice Caring Culture.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow Policies and Procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.