Salary: $75000 – $80000
Are you a person who is passionate about creating one of a kind experience? We are currently looking for an experienced, creative and committed Pastry Chef to help us launch our exciting new restaurant concept in beautiful Santa Monica. The hotel is currently undergoing a transformational renovation and will be relaunched as the premier luxury lifestyle hotel in Santa Monica in December 2022. We are also introducing an exciting new restaurant concept and Speakeasy style basement restaurant and lounge. We envision the food and beverage program as being one of the preeminent dining destinations for Southern California and are seeking a highly experienced Pastry Chef who will help create an industry-renowned pastry menu.
We are passionate about individuals who are unafraid to test new ideas, to shed their ego for the good of the company, and to always strive to make it better than it was before. If you believe you embody our spirit and culture and thrive in an exciting and challenging work environment, we encourage you to apply and look forward to receiving your application.
- Develops pastry and dessert menus in keeping with the theme of the restaurant or facility.
- Tests and modifies recipes.
- Trains kitchen staff and oversees preparation of dishes by cooks or bakers.
- Monitors inventory and places orders as needed.
- Ensures all pastry-related activities comply with food safety and handling policies.
- May be responsible for special orders for parties or events.
- Experience in a Michelin-recognized culinary environment preferred
- Prefer degree or certification in Baking/Pastry.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in volume production of baked goods and pastries.
- Knowledge of wedding cakes and cake production.
- Knowledge of breads and bread production.
- Proficient in composite desserts.
- Performs work under direct supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Oral communication skills. Customer/client orientation.
- Detail oriented. Attentiveness. Organizational skills. Design expertise.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Competitive Salary
- Fun Work Environment
- Room for Growth