Chef-driven restaurant group seeks an experienced and passionate GM to open, lead and run day to day operations of new 120 seat concept in the heart of Tampa. Ideal candidate would be described as poised, polished and have a heavy focus on service standards.
Our ideal GM will be excited about staff development (training, scheduling, and mentoring) and offering hands on leadership to the front of house team. This person will direct and oversee policies in order to provide efficient, friendly service and profitable operations and will liaise with the back of house as needed.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Be the company's brand ambassador and serve as a role model while maintaining a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional appearance
- Build a high-performing restaurant team to meet the brand's high standards for service
- Ensure guest satisfaction for clientele
- Respond to customer complaints and/or inquiries. Resolve complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed
- Help create a welcoming environment for guests and staff alike
- Maintain all cleanliness, health, hygiene, and security procedures
- Manage the floor, including touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the host stand area
- Understand and abide by all HR policies and procedures
- Hire and train new employees. Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all staff. Help promote teamwork throughout the team.
- Oversee the education of the staff on the points of service, including an overall beverage appreciation and training to boost our staff's product knowledge, steps of service, table-side presence, proper wine service, and overall mis-en-place.
- Collaborate on the schedule for Front of House staff while taking into account team members’ strengths and weaknesses, last year’s business levels, special events, and labor budget.
- Perform administrative duties as delegated or otherwise assigned.
- Coordinate daily opening and closing duties. This includes and is not limited to preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing the final restaurant walk-through.
- Engage in effective communications with the management team on a consistent basis, in emails, texts, by phone, or through regular meetings.
- Assist in the execution of monthly inventory.
- Drive the operational success while maintaining excellence
- Competitive Salary
- Fun/Collaborative Environment
- EOE- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.