Seeking a talented and experienced General Manager for the upcoming opening of New York’s favorite new Steakhouse. This well known, chef-driven group has dozens of restaurants across the country, and this will be the 8th and largest outlet of this steakhouse concept. The restaurant accomplishes all the traditions expected from a steakhouse, offering the finest cuts of premium beef and seafood complimented by a cutting-edge wine and spirits program, and using local farmers and purveyors to highlight the regions finest ingredients.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
A detail-oriented hospitality leader who will be a hands-on mentor in the dining room with the ability to adapt quickly to changes and create an amazing experience for both our guests and our staff. You will lead all front of house operations, providing insight and guidance to every member of the team, working closely with the AGM and corporate operations teams to further the success of the restaurant. You must have exceptional financial acumen, expertise in service, an impeccable eye for detail, a high level of professionalism, and can execute the standards of a 2-star Michelin establishment. You have a proven track record of driving revenue, increasing team member engagement and retention, and developing and implementing systems.
You must have experience leading and growing operations in a union hotel environment with multiple meal periods and have run operations in excess of $15 million per year.
You will supervise and coordinate the planning, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, service, cleanliness and sanitation. You will work with corporate operations leaders and HR to develop programs that embraces diversity, education, and discipline and lead execution of service and staff development using a variety of management tools, including ongoing training, mentorship, and performance management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a fine dining high volume restaurant, with at least 4 years in a leadership role
- NYC Hotel Union experience
- Hospitality degree preferred
- Knowledge of safety and hygiene protocols
- Working knowledge of NY state HR practices and labor laws
- Ability to frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Have the stamina to work in excess of 40 hours per week
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Gracious spirit of hospitality
- Intellectual curiosity and emotional maturity
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of food and service education
- Ability to work clean, organized, and lead a team
- Have a strong eye towards development both personal and for your team
- Experience with various industry specific software; Micros, Toast, open Table, Seven Rooms, Avero and others
- Adept at team building across both back and front of house
- Adaptability in both your leadership style and your business approach
- Advanced knowledge of Food and Wine. Level 1 Somm certification a big+
- Desire to teach and mentor both your staff and interns
- Extremely competitive Salary
- 25% bonus potential
- 100% medical/dental/vision
- 401K with 4% match
- 3 -4 weeks PTO
- Dining allowance
- Fun work environment
- Room for growth