Chef-driven restaurant group seeks an experienced and passionate Floor Manager to help open, lead and run day to day operations of new 165 seat, dinner-only, Asian concept in the heart of Miami. Ideal candidate would be described as poised, polished and have a heavy focus on service standards. Must have 1-2 years of fine dining leadership experience in restaurants with a $8-10mm annual threshold and be open to continued coaching and mentorship. We check all ego’s at the door.
Our ideal Floor Managers will be excited about staff development (training, scheduling, and mentoring), guest relations and offering hands on leadership to the front of house team. This person will help direct and oversee policies in order to provide efficient, friendly service and profitable operations and will liaise with the back of house as needed. We are looking for a culture builder - someone who is energetic, enthusiastic and truly passionate about hospitality.
*This role will report to the AGM, GM and Director of Operations.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Be the company's brand ambassador and serve as a role model while maintaining a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional appearance
- Help build and maintain a high-performing restaurant team in an effort to meet the brand's high standards for service
- Ensure guest satisfaction for clientele
- Respond to customer complaints and/or inquiries. Resolve complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed (also report all escalated situations to the AGM and General Manager)
- Help create a welcoming environment for guests and staff alike
- Maintain all cleanliness, health, hygiene, and security procedures
- Manage the floor, including touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the host stand area
- Understand and abide by all HR policies and procedures
- Train new employees. Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all staff. Help promote teamwork throughout the team.
- Help oversee the education of the staff on the points of service, including an overall beverage appreciation and training to boost our staff's product knowledge, steps of service, table-side presence, proper wine service, and overall mis-en-place.
- Perform administrative duties as delegated or otherwise assigned.
- Coordinate daily opening and closing duties. This includes and is not limited to preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing the final restaurant walk-through.
- Engage in effective communications with the management team on a consistent basis, in emails, texts, by phone, or through regular meetings.
- Assist in the execution of monthly inventory.
- Drive the operational success while maintaining excellence
- Must have at least 1-2 years of restaurant management experience at a notable, upscale and/or fine dining restaurant
- Must be a team player, have critical thinking skills, and the ability to bring a project from start to finish
- Must have open availability
- Bilingual a huge plus!
- Competitive Salary
- 401K plan match after 6 months
- Flex PTO
- Parking/commuter stipend
- Quarterly Bonus
- Fun/Collaborative Environment
- EOE- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.