Salary: $80000 – $85000
We are seeking a talented Opening F&B Manager to join our team in beautiful Santa Monica. The hotel and restaurant are currently undergoing a transformational renovation and will be relaunched as the premier luxury lifestyle hotel in Santa Monica in Autumn 2022.
We’re passionate about individuals who are unafraid to test new ideas, to shed their ego for the good of the company, and to always strive to make it better than it was before. Talented and exceptional people who love what they do.
The F&B Manager is at the forefront of hospitality, providing guests with above-and-beyond hospitality to ensure a memorable and genuine experience. This role is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the restaurant in accordance with company standards while also serving as the acting lead manager when the DOFB is not on the hotel/restaurant premises. The F&B Manager oversees, implements and maintains a service-forward philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff and takes the necessary steps to achieve stated objectives in sales, cost containment, employee retention, cleanliness and sanitation. This role is the key leader of customer service, providing guests with above-and-beyond hospitality to ensure a memorable and genuine experience. Wine and beverage knowledge a HUGE plus!
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with scheduled inventories.
- Assist in preparing weekly forecast of revenues, covers and labor costs.
- Attend designated meetings, menu tastings and wine tastings.
- Update P.O.S. menu changes.
- Expedite on the floor or kitchen as business demands.
- Regularly read and review industry publications and other material related to industries and interests of our customers and regular patrons.
- Foster and maintain positive employee and guest relations at all times, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Responsible for being the ambassador of hospitality for all services. Must also ensure that everyone who enters the restaurant or hotel or calls to make a reservation is made to feel welcome.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Be responsible for the supervision and service of all meal periods.
- Assist in supervising and managing all F&B employees.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Hotel and F&B departmental policies/service procedures/standards. Comply with those standards.
- Assist all managers in the development of all training guidelines specific to each department. Implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training.
- Assist DOFB in preparing weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands and labor budget.
- Ensure that team reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees and coordinate staff breaks.
- Oversee restaurant team with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel with the support of HR.
- Attend pre-shift meeting with team and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of team; rectify any deficiencies.
- Assist Restaurant/Event team with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Review at high level the reservation book and follow up on all special requests.
- Identify and recognize regular patrons to develop repeat business.
- Respond to all e-mail promptly.
- Oversee all functions of the P.O.S. in accordance to specifications.
- Ensure all cash handling procedures are processed in compliance with accounting standards. Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures, including daily bank reconciliation and deposits.
- Oversee completion of work orders for maintenance repairs and contact the vendor directly for urgent repairs.
- Strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
Maintain Complete Knowledge of:
- All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant.
- The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware, OS&E and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Dining room layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range, dress code and manual system procedures.
- Daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, and Hotel occupancy.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Department of Health (DOH) regulations to the highest standards at all times.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
- 2+ years experience as a Restaurant Manager, preferably in a fine dining or same style restaurant.
- Highly developed knowledge of various food service styles. Regional Italian a big plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset.
- Strong leadership skills highly developed organizational and multi-tasking abilities and sound administrative skills.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
- Excellent problem resolution skills and outstanding listening skills.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Sommelier experience a bonus! Beverage experience necessary.
Must be able to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guests’ service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a Hotel and F&B team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent company data.
- Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- Lift 50 lbs and climb stairs between dining rooms
- Competitive Salary
- Fun Work Environment
- Room for growth