Salary: $120000 – $130000
A private members-only club that’s dedicated to curating upscale and culturally enriched experiences, seeks an Opening Executive Chef for its newest private club in Houston.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the profitability, efficiency and creativity in all aspects of the culinary operations. The Executive Chef will be responsible for all aspects of food production including, but not limited to, quality assurance, and cost control. The Executive Chef will oversee culinary employees including their onboarding, training, development, coaching, performance improvement plans, employee relations and all related people management tasks.
- We seek to maintain a team of well-trained and motivated colleagues in order to deliver a high level of service according to international luxury standards
- Stay attentive to market trends in culinary arts in order to induce creativity in the operation
- Conduct daily pre-meal meeting where food issues are discussed, reviewed educated and engaging
- Conduct colleague counseling and disciplinary procedures in accordance with the brand
- Handle any guest food complaints and takes necessary action
- Maintain budgeted labor costs and other related kitchen costs
- Negotiate with suppliers for best kitchen prices
- Oversee food production for all stations
- Monitor purchasing of maintenance/cleaning supplies
- Review the monthly P/L with the General manager
- Prepares and monitors employee schedules
- Conduct training as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and/or maintain profitability
- Monitor maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Ensures all kitchen procedures are according to safe & sound requirements of Health Department
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness with weekly and monthly programs.
- Oversee special events and Off Premise Catering Events. Prepares special events and private dining menus.
- Coordinate banquet staffing, purchasing, and billing
- Hotel experience (luxury, boutique hotel resorts) at Forbes 5 star level preferred
- Must have private event experience (15-100 ppl)
- Prefer some experience in Michelin ranked restaurants
- Culinary Graduate or tutored under recognized Executive Chef
- Has baseline understanding of French, Italian, American or New American Cuisine
- Presents true understanding of flavors and chemistry in food tasting
- Strong knowledge of food products that speak of quality, excellence and the balance of profitability
- Presents several signatures food items that show commitment to chemistry, balance, presentation and taste
- Ability to deliver greats food presentations in a high-volume restaurant
- Understands the Banquet/Catering side with the intent to produce high quality dining experiences and building strong production systems
- Strong and balanced Emotional IQ for critical Leadership position
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Bonus potential (up to 20% of salary)
- PTO (10 days) and 5 sick days
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.