Salary: $80000 – $90000
Established fine dining brand is expanding from the heart of West Hollywood into Manhattan Beach and is seeking a talented culinary leader for the Opening CDC position. The CDC is responsible for kitchen operations and supervision of kitchen staff and will ensure all food production workers are performing their duties in accordance with the quality standards established by the company.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Supervises management of sous chefs and hourly kitchen employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the back of the house.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans and coordinates daily menu that is compliant with the company standards.
- Ensures that all food and beverage products meet company standards and specifications.
- Involved in the ongoing development of the culinary quality of our seafood, menus and recipes.
- Maintains and develops unit core recipe program.
- Oversees training for sous chefs to ensure the development of their leadership skills, culinary skills, and team building.
- Maintains a positive employee relations climate.
- Directs staffing, training, and evaluation of kitchen employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment through timely repair and upkeep.
- Oversees purchasing of food and related items, including finding sources for new products.
- Responsible for food and labor costs and other related restaurant expenses.
- Works with restaurant General Manager to ensure that company service standards are met by providing the service staff with knowledge of our products.
- Fulfills all record keeping and administration requirements including: financial statements, invoices, inventory, and employee paperwork.
- Ensures compliance with health, sanitation, liquor, safety and employment regulations by clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to all staff members.
- Expected to continue self-education of food trends through networking, books and periodicals.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with guests and staff.
- Functions as a supportive team member during the course of their shift.
- Position is full-time and requires regular, reliable attendance.
*Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at various paces, adapting to business levels, manage time efficiently, be organized, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States. Must be twenty one (21) years of age or older.
- Desire 2-5 years of previous culinary leadership experience in a high-end, high-volume restaurant.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training materials, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions as relates to the essential functions of the job, i.e., ability to accurately count and document inventory, observe proper measurements and portions for recipes and/or preparation, properly use computer monitor for ordering items.
- Ability to carry out detailed and specific written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve in standardized situations.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to secure and maintain current status of all required certificates, licenses, (Ex. Servsafe) or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies, including a valid Food Handler Card. Must have upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), with some walking and occasional sitting; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in the kitchen and may be working in close proximity to co-workers.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud, generally in an indoor setting. The employee will work a varying schedule to include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to smoke, heat and/or cold from the mechanical equipment.
This job description has been approved by the Company. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Competitive Salary
- Dining Allowance
- Room for Growth