Salary: $75,000 – $90,000
Come be part of a wonderful hotel opening in the North Fork in Long Island as our next Cafe/Market Chef. Looking for a chef to lead our Cafe, Market and Commissary with wonderful local ingredients and beautifully executed servings. Look forward to your application!
Essential Job Function: Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading all cafe/market/commissary personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and all proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Coordinates the purchase of all food and menu development, maintaining food and labor costs. Leading and supporting Sous Chefs through all meal periods within signature restaurant and lobby bar.
Key Responsibilities: Leading management and hourly teams in providing expertly executed dishes, maintain top-notch food quality, and ensuring food safe standards via daily operations to guests at location, meeting budgeted goals for revenue and cost control, and developing hourly and exempt employees.
- Food Cost
- Overall food cost for venue
- Monitoring food cost on a daily basis based on purchases and sales
- Monitoring ordering, receiving, storage, waste and menu development.
- Placing orders when covering Sous Chef shifts
- Monthly food inventory
- Overall food cost for venue
- Menu Development
- Kitchen Maintenance
- Implementing SOP for communicating maintenance issues with engineering department
- Implementing SOP for HACCP plan and all of its components
- Implementing SOP for DOH related issues
- Checking HAACP logs on a weekly basis
- Breakfast, lunch, events, and commissary as needed.
- Reviewing daily reports
- Advise executive management on any negative developing trends, along with action plan
- Develop direct reports including exempt and non-example employees
- Develop and audit SOPS regarding employee life cycle
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire team members to meet and exceed standards.
- Polished personal presentation; grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Communicates information effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintain professionalism when working under stress.
- Ability to utilize traditional software programs such as Gmail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, and any additional systems as needed; Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ensure that all staff are compliant with Companys policies and procedures, as well as city, state and federal laws.
- Attend mandatory meetings including staff meetings, leadership meetings, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Team
- Work closely with the front of house team to ensure all departments are working towards the same goals and standards.
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ years experience as a Sous Chef in upscale restaurants
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality, Culinary Management or similar subject
- Certification in NY Food Protection Course
- ServSafe Certified