Kitchen Manager Miami, FL
Salary: $80000 – $100000
Upscale casual high volume restaurant looking for solid Kitchen Manager to join our Culinary Team. We are searching for friendly, energetic, highly-motivated individuals who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This positions involves high volume, a la minute execution. Attention to detail and multitasking are extremely important. We are not another big corporate chain restaurant, we are independently owned and seek to partner with local farmers and small best-in-class purveyors, incorporating the highest-quality ingredients in all our scratch-made dishes. We provide a professional work environment, but we still know how to have FUN!
- Use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals through skillful management in the categories of labor, food cost and kitchen supplies.
- Recruit, interview and hire talent into our kitchen staff.
- Manage kitchen staff. Be an inspiration and motivate daily excellence in culinary operations.
- Coordinate food orders
- Supervise food prep and cooking
- Check food plating and temperature
- Schedule kitchen staff shifts
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant
- Culinary school background a plus
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts, plus ability to stand, sit, squat or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to company’s unique culture.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work.
- Competitive Salary
- Room for Growth