Austin-based boutique luxury hotel with residences is seeking a skilled HRD with Texas based experience. The Human Resources Director is charged with cultivating top-notch talent in an engaging atmosphere that embodies the essence to fulfill the most discerning guests’ expectations. This hotel group is small but growing. An HR leader who specializes in systems creation, team development and local recruitment would be the ideal person for this role.
Our ideal candidate is a culture ambassador for our team members and a servant leader and coach for our leaders. They combine the desire to authentically care for others with their human resources technical knowledge. They will possess a myriad of skills to succeed in this unique role which includes being a skilled recruiter who can think outside the box to find top-talent and collaborating with management to train and develop leadership to their highest potential.
There is growth opportunity in this position for someone who is flexible, intuitive, has great judgement and takes initiative. Our ideal candidate will have experience managing Human Resources in a hotel as well as experience that involved interacting with a full range of employees (hourly to leaders).
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Own and oversee the process of onboarding the opening team including all paperwork, orientation, and positions.
- Design and implement an associate appreciation program
- Develop initiatives, policies, and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency for the workplace.
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness to retain top talent
- Serving as the first point of contact for routine associate inquiries
- Communicating and coordinating HR programs such as performance review process, team member opinion surveys, and open enrollment with Operations leaders to ensure first-class experience for team members
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local ordinances as required
- Performing general administrative tasks for the HR Office
- Foster a work environment where associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential with cross training and development
- Assist with ensuring that internal communication is in alignment with company culture and guiding principles
- FAQ sheet to educate new hires about what makes their hotel unique
- Expert with EAP and other resources to assist with personal goals
- Coordinate with local businesses to offer perks and conveniences
- Providing learning and development opportunities
- Ensuring positive coaching opportunities to motivate, recognize and correct unwanted behavior
*Scope of Talent Acquisition Duties:
Networking opportunities locally
Local community connections
Foster “Brand” reputation in market
Creative sourcing utilizing social media
Work with leaders on interview and selection skills/processes
Train and support leaders with recruiting and hiring tools and processes
Manage 3rd party recruitment agencies
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors degree preferred
- 5 years of Hotel HR Management level experience
- Excel expert and HR platform experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Must adhere to all hotel loss prevention guidelines
- Able to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to stand at least 30%
- Must be able to sit and squat frequently
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision on day 1
- Bonus Potential
- Relocation reimbursement allowance
- Room for growth
- Fun work environment