Seeking a talented and entertaining Omakase Chef for a nine-seat counter in a high profile, members only club in the heart of Hollywood. The Omakase Chef is responsible for prep, set up, and providing quality service in all areas of the sushi bar Omakase production using seasonal fish in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. The Chef will oversee 3 supporting Chefs and will have almost complete autonomy on menu development. He/she will also be required to maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
The Omakase will be open for 2 seatings, 4 nights a week.
The Omakase Chef will report to the Director of Food and Beverage of the property and will be ready to begin in December/January.
- Sophisticated culinary pedigree.
- 3+ years of Exec or Head Sushi Chef experience required.
- Experience with a luxury or ultra-luxury property or brand.
- Must possess an outgoing/magnetic personality and lead with a heart of hospitality.
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 20 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Kitchen Environment - constantly exposed to heat, high cold, slippery surfaces and appliances such as stove, oven, dishwasher, cooking top, and housekeeping and cleaning tools.
- Diploma/Some College or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must have a current and valid Food Handler’s card.
- Extremely competitive salary
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent work-life balance
- Fun work environment