International multi-product manufacturing company is looking for a Head of Sales & Business Development for its coconut manufacturing division. The primary focus of this role will be driving revenue growth, expanding the customer base, and identifying strategic opportunities for business expansion and market share capture. This position will play a critical role in shaping the company's growth trajectory and ensuring its competitiveness in the market. This position will be a remote position and reports directly to ownership and will work closely with our Vietnam based Team Lead.
Examples of product offerings:
- Consumer - Fresh coconut, Coconut oil, Coconut water, Coconut milk/cream, Coconut Blossom (Sugar, Vinegar, etc.), Toasted Coconut chips, etc.
- Commercial/Industrial - Desiccated Coconut, Coir Fiber (ie twine, rope, baskets, planters), Coconut oil, Coconut water, Coconut milk/cream, etc.
Target customers: food and non-food retailers, wholesalers, food service distributors, private label customers.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Thorough understanding of products, production processes, quality management, importing procedures, and supply chain management.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer needs and challenges, and the ability to present compelling solutions and value propositions to customers.
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies, customer acquisition plans, and a comprehensive business plan encompassing sales, revenue, and expense management.
- Negotiating all trade terms and preparing sales contracts for orders.
- Establish pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Compiling weekly and monthly reports.
- Staying well-informed about product trends and competitive dynamics.
- Regularly updating market and customer intelligence, as well as staying informed about new trends.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to assess their needs and promote products and service, as well as visiting Vietnam factories to enhance product knowledge and tour facilities with clients.
- Maintaining client records.
- Responsibly balance the need for additional headcount and growth.
- Recruit great talent to fuel the growth.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of food manufacturing, quality assurance, importing, efficient supply chain management.
- Having good relationship with retailers, food service owner, manufacturers as many as possible, and proven good sales performance.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically without restriction.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in sales is required, preferably in the food retail, wholesale, food service industry, or with private label customers.
- Experience with coconut products is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Business, Marketing, Economics or related field.(preferred).