A well respected restaurant group in South Boston seeks an experienced GM with a depth of experience in fine dining to help run day to day operations. Must have a passion for excellent food, Wine/cocktails/digestives, and staff development (training, scheduling, and mentoring). This is a hands on role for a candidate who is dedicated to delivering great hospitality to the staff and guests. The GM will report directly to the owners and must be a strong, critical thinker and a drive to elevate service to a Michelin/James Beard level of excellence.
The General Manager is a leader of the team and the face of the restaurant. They direct and oversee policies in order to provide efficient, friendly service and profitable operations. Additionally, this role possesses an enhanced focus and dedication to the details of all FOH organization and service.
The GM responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Be the company's brand ambassador and serve as a role model while maintaining a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image
- Build a high-performing restaurant team to meet the brand's high standards for service
- Ensure guest satisfaction for clientele
- Respond to customer complaints or inquiries. Resolve complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed (also report all escalated situations to the owners and director of operations)
- Help create a welcoming environment for guests and staff alike
- Maintain all cleanliness, health, hygiene, and security procedures
- Manage the floor, including touching tables, running food, overseeing staff, and monitoring the host stand area
- Understand and abide by all HR policies and procedures
- Hire and train new employees. Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all staff. Help promote teamwork throughout the team.
- Oversee the education of the staff on the points of service, including an overall beverage appreciation and training to boost staff's product knowledge, steps of service, table-side presence, proper wine service, and overall mise-en-place.
- Perform annual performance reviews for employees to monitor performance and to set goals for each year.
- Supervise the assistant manager writing the schedule for Front of House staff while taking into account team members’ strengths and weaknesses, last year’s business levels, special events, and labor budget.
- Perform administrative duties as delegated or otherwise assigned.
- Coordinate daily opening and closing duties. This includes and is not limited to preparing and reconciling closing banks, conducting pre-shifts with your team, writing daily recaps, and doing the final restaurant walk-through.
- Engage in effective communications with the management team on a consistent basis, in emails, texts, by phone, or through regular meetings.
- Assist in the execution of monthly inventory.
- Drive the operational success while maintaining excellence
- Close the restaurant 3 nights a week which includes cash handling responsibilities and staff management.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of AGM/GM experience at a notable restaurant
- Must be a team player, have critical thinking skills, and the ability to bring a project from start to finish
- Competitive Salary
- 50% health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly stipends for health and wellness and education stipends for beverage education (somm training)
- 2 weeks vacation after 6 months
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Fun/Collaborative Environment
- EOE- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.