Salary: $90,000 – $105,000
- Participate in the hiring, training and development of a cohesive team that embodies the true hospitality that we are known for.
- Work with the Beverage Director and Management team to maintain a unique and special wine and cocktail program.
- Direct service on a daily and nightly basis. Establish and ensure a consistent and systematic standard of service always keeping the customer in mind. We are a company of “Yes”
- Be available and present on the floor of the restaurant during service to greet/meet guests, answer questions about food and wine, chat with guests and create regulars, monitor staff performance, and address any comments, complaints or concerns.
- Employ a safety first procedure; close the restaurant after each service ensuring that all side work and proper closing procedures have been followed.
- Serve as Maître d’ when needed.
- Strategically sell wine on the floor during service. Share your plan with the staff, Management Team and Beverage Director.
- Coordinate with the Managers, hosts, and reservationists to oversee the management of our reservations book. Communicate your observations and ideas on how we can further maximize the number of covers the restaurant does on any given night through an optimized reservations book. Voluntarily assist the reservationist with confirmations and bookings and answering the phone when needed.
- Assess staffing requirements and notify Human Resources and Principals when staffing needs occur.
- Train and coach all front of house staff on an ongoing basis. Inspire the team to do better every day.
- Organize, implement, and monitor front of house staff schedules using TimePro. Staff appropriately with the best interest of the business and the guests in mind.
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures. Report any staff concerns to the Human Resources and Management Team. Prepare FOH reviews on an Annual basis.
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in the restaurant. Be knowledgeable and aware of the Department of Mental Health and Hygiene inspections and what needs to be done when we are inspected. Obtain an NYC Food Handlers Certification if not currently certified.
- Update Resy, OpenTable, Toast and all 3rd party applications as needed.
- Execute payroll on a weekly basis.
- Check for any hidden maintenance problems that might need to be addressed. Communicate any problems with the Management Team.
- Everyday, prioritize your time to read and respond to all front of house concerns
- Communicate to Human Resources any issues that may arise and the appropriate actions to be taken.
- Oversee the smooth running of all private events held either in the private or main dining room and off-site events. It will be your responsibility to make sure that every party runs in a smooth, efficient manner, and keeps with the high standard of service.
- Control profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.