Salary: $110000 – $125000
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager to lead our thriving team! Do you want a career, not just a job? Are you obsessed with hospitality? Every day we strive to make incredible memories through our experience, for our guests. We are seeking a high energy, positive General Manager to lead the large team at our company. This location is a historical property that has been a fixture in food and beverage for nearly 70 years. If you looking to find a company, with incredible core values, a strong creative and collaborative environment and tremendous growth opportunity- we want to meet you!
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant. He/she ensures that all financial and departmental goals are met and kept in alignment with the restaurant’s needs and supports the District Manager by completing projects as directed. Leads the restaurant’s Risk Management Team and believes in the mission of delivering a 5-star experience to our fellow team members, guests, partners, and community.
- Responsible for the restaurant’s financial performance in accordance with all established guidelines and budgets.
- Leads the restaurant’s risk management team in proactively addressing liability, risk, and compliance opportunities.
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making recommendations for the promotion, hiring, and advancement of all salaried unit personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing all performance reviews and recommendations made by department heads.
- Responsible for overseeing and executing the training, managing, and developing all team members.
- Responsible for overseeing that the scheduling of all personnel meets the restaurants needs and is in alignment with the Unit’s forecasted labor and predetermined budget and ensures that each departments labor cost is maintained daily.
- Responsible for the restaurant adhering to all corporate guidelines to maintain operations, food quality and patron satisfaction.
- Responsible for producing financial and operational reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Responsible for supervising inventory, estimating food and beverage cost, and monitoring purchasing and receiving.
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts, and other services.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Inspects dining areas, food receiving, and preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for leading a team that can execute great food and service consistently
- Observance of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Strong background in Restaurants and Hospitality.
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and all local Department of Health Regulations.
- College Degree or 3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate English.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Office preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and finance.
- Must be able to create and maintain a strong team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements
- Local travel required when considered necessary.
- Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time, lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law. Our company maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Industry-leading compensation plus bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Plans that include, a variety of medical and dental plans, employer contribution HAS for yourself and dependents.
- Variety of Supplemental Benefit Plans for life’s unknowns
- 401k with annual employer match after 12 months (ER match 25% of the first 5% contribution)
- Employer paid life Insurance throughout the length of employment
- Monthly Reward Dollars to use at various company locations.
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year
- Paid/Floating holidays for 5 major holidays
- 24 hours paid Sick Time renewed yearly
- Education Assistance Program (EdAP) for hospitality related education growth
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to assist with work life balance
- Management Referral Program with up to a $4,000 payout for qualifying management positions