A people first, notable LA-based independent restaurant group seeks a General Manager for its highly regarded and Michelin ranked restaurant in East LA. The GM will be an active presence in the day to day operations of the chef-driven restaurant and will oversee, direct, and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintain and enforce standards for personnel performance and customer service. Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are clearly communicated and adhered to by all staff members.
- Continually offer new ideas for the service of guests, reservation/host department and staff education. Achieve company objectives in sales, service and quality by creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests. Maintain sanitation and safety records as required by government agencies.
- Assess staffing needs and recruit staff as required.
- Supervise and participate in the training of new FOH hires, utilizing established Company training programs and procedures. Maintain training/service manuals and promote ongoing education.
- Review, process and submit Company payroll as required.
- Monitor budgets & payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Supervise daily menu updates and reprinting, menu item and pricing changes in the POS.
- Participate in daily pre-shift meetings, leading them as required.
- Supervise the control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures. Count money and make bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations..
- Ensure inventory is taken on the close of every financial period using the restaurant’s designated protocols and software platforms.
- Perform service tasks, such as clearing tables and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies. Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor employee and guest activities to ensure Dunsmoor is compliant with applicable Alcohol and Beverage Control regulations.
- Candidates should have a background in notable fine dining establishments and a passion for great food, wine/spirits and hospitality.
- At least 1 year of GM experience or 2-3 years of AGM experience in a full service, fine dining environment
- Knowledgeable of wine
- Passionate about food, wine, hospitality
Unlimited time off
EOE - We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.