Salary: $130000 – $140000
A private members-only club that is dedicated to curating upscale and culturally enriched experiences, is seeking a General Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the business by ensuring operational efficiency, member/guest experience, staff retention and optimal profit is met. The General Manager will oversee day-to-day staff management and will be an ambassador for the brand with guests and staff.
As General Manager you are an influential leader and strategic business partner to all departments that tell the story of the brand, deliver service, create culture, maximize profits, support operations, and member / guest satisfaction. The General Manager works very closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal experience is a result of unforgettable moments through staff, food, drink, events, and amenities.
Overview of Responsibilities and Core Competencies:
- Influential leader and strategic business partner to internal and external stake holders by assessing business objects and delivering an elevated, approachable, and profitable experience that is consistent and regularly assessed for improvement and innovation.
- Responsible assessing the business on a weekly/daily basis and in providing reports on the economic and operational state of the business that trigger the development of action plans to support operational improvements and focus on optimizing profit, minimizing margins and promote exceptional experience(s) for member, guest, staff.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Club operations which includes dining rooms, bar and lounge areas and banquet operations, membership, accounting, and programming.
- Oversees the development and implementation of standard operating and service procedures.
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs of the highest level by keeping up with current trends and industry knowledge.
- Responsible for creating and nurturing good communication between the culinary team and all service providers.
- Controls and analyzes the financial position of the all Club including budgeting, forecasting and expense management to ensure profitability.
- Manages payroll and other operating expenses in all areas of responsibility.
- Successful recruitment of new hourly and management employees through proper selection, training, and development.
- Oversee all aspects of orientation and training for new employees including a thorough on-boarding and on the job training.
- Provides opportunities for all service staff to continue learning and improving knowledge in food, beverage, service standards and safety.
- Holds periodic meetings with staff to review past and future performance, provide product training and discuss general information regarding member and employee relations.
- Evaluates the staff on a regular basis and provides direct and clear support through positive recognition and coaching.
- Leads the management team through coaching and developing everyone on the team.
- Maintains effective time-management and negotiation skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with members and employees.
- Work closely with the Executive Managing Director of the F&B team, Membership team, and Private event Managers to develop and execute all food & beverage and club programs.
- Establish and assure implementation of cleaning and sanitation procedures for dining and bar areas as well as all storage areas.
- Ensures that local and state requirements are met with regards to food handling permits, alcohol server training and other health department requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Business Management preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in management at a luxury hotel and/or high end club.
- Excellent communicator and strong negotiator, both written and verbal.
- Result driven, well organized and detail oriented.
- Monitor, assess, report, and develop action items to support service trends, guest/member/staff surveys.
- Innovator and influencer with previous experience managing F&B operations that focus on service and providing top quality experiences through food and drink.
- Creative and analytical thinker who encompasses strong business aptitude is driven by results and guest satisfaction. Naturally hospitable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships (internal/external) as well as highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Proven successful track record of developing and managing 5-star hospitality operations.
- Experienced in developing and implementing quality assurance programs of the highest level.
- Outstanding team leader, ability to build and motivate a cohesive team.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule, including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Self-directed, enjoys challenges, upbeat and outgoing.
- Calm and courteous in demanding situations, must enjoy working with people.
- Enthusiastically embraces and exemplifies the culture.
- Participative, hands-on approach. This is not an office job.
- EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS ONLY. Candidates that do not meet the basic qualifications will not be considered.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Bonus potential (up to 30% of salary)
- PTO (10 days) and 5 sick days
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.