Hospitality Group with several concepts within their portfolio is seeking a seasoned General Manager to oversee high volume restaurant located in Chicago.
The position of General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and operation of a restaurant, ensuring the successful delivery of the Company’s philosophy. This includes recruiting, leading and developing people to execute the restaurant’s philosophy; fostering a positive, stable working environment for the employees; and building sales and controlling costs to deliver optimum business results for the stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the community as a representative of the company.
• Gives direction, delegates effectively and develops management team.
• Oversees the effective scheduling of staff three weeks in advance to provide sufficient restaurant coverage, while at the same time controlling labor costs.
• Creates and is ultimately responsible for execution of restaurant goals in all areas of operations to achieve the desired volume growth and optimum profits.
• Monitors P&L statements to overcome problem areas and discrepancies within the restaurant and takes appropriate action to ensure optimum profits are achieved.
• Maintains safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well-being of restaurant staff and the protection of restaurant assets.
• Administers written performance reviews for all restaurant managers and, in alliance with the other managers, oversees staff performance reviews.
• Complies with all policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
• Administers in-restaurant payroll and employment record keeping procedures.
• Ensures that all restaurant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis including but not limited to: daily sheets, purchase orders, accounts payable, bank deposits and employment-related forms.
• Provides oversight to ensure all PDR events effectively maximize sales potential and deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a high school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree or other four-year degree preferred.
10 years experience in a restaurant environment with at least 5 years of management experience in a $10M (annual) location required.
Comp salary + bonus (10%)
Short term disability
10 days PTO