Established, chef-driven brand is seeking a poised, professional General Manager to help lead our team with precision and a sense of true hospitality. The ideal candidate will provide ongoing training and development of the FOH staff to ensure service standards are consistently executed; have strong financial acumen and strategic planning, act as a liaison between team members and senior management and provide feedback on executing each shift at a high level of hospitality with excellent standards. This leader will need to have a “people-first” approach to leadership and be willing and able to hold staff to the highest standards of service and hospitality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years of Restaurant General Manager experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in high-end, fine dining
- Previous experience in high volume restaurants - $10-12mm
- Luxury hotel experience a huge plus
- Inherent understanding and impeccably high standards of service
- Interest and level of competency in food and wine
- Ability to make every guest feel welcome and special
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail, whether in the office or on the floor
- Working knowledge of computer, internet, excel, digital POS and reservation software
- Excellent work habits and attitudes
- Professional and polished presentation in dress, attitude, actions and conversation
- Punctual & reliable
- Dynamic personality, high energy and charismatic approach with guests and employees alike
- Positive attitude, come from a place of “yes,” where no task is it too large or too small
- Remain calm and unflappable in the presence of stress
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at various paces, adapting to business levels, manage time efficiently, be organized, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States.
- Prefer 3 years of previous and relevant experience in a high-end, high-volume restaurant.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training materials, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions as relates to the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to carry out detailed and specific written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve in standardized situations.
- It is the employee's responsibility to secure and maintain current status of all required certificates, licenses, or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies, including a valid Food Handler Card and a valid Alcohol Awareness Training Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), with walking and occasional sitting; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive Salary
- 401K with match
- Bonus program
- Dining Allowance
- Relocation reimbursement possible
- Room For Growth
- EOE - We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage everyone to respond.