Greenwich Village based hospitality company that operates a collection of elegant neighborhood restaurants around NYC is seeking a poised and dedicated General Manager to join our rapidly expanding team. As the leader of the business, the General Manager will take ownership and work in tandem with the Executive Chef to provide daily support, coaching and accountability for the front of house managers and culinary teams in order to develop high performing hospitality teams. The GM will be a champion of our core values of Passion, Growth, Hospitality, Integrity, and Sweep the Floors, all while ensuring excellent guest experiences, driving sales, increasing profitability, and maintaining high employee retention and satisfaction rates. This is a critical leadership role in the company, requiring the highest standards of performance to provide an internal role model and example of the company’s values. The position is responsible for ensuring that the restaurants comply with all laws and achieve both financial and qualitative performance targets, positioning us for continued long-term growth. The right person for this role will be tenacious, energetic, and obsessed with creating memorable guest experiences!
- Accountable for operating within our business processes including, but not limited to, facilities maintenance, management scheduling and staff scheduling standards, task delegation for managers and chefs, administration, service and shift management, and quality control.
- Lead the team to ensure achievement of food, beverage, service, ambiance standards including compliance with DOH standards
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication between senior leadership and line staff by ensuring daily pre-shift meeting leadership, weekly manager meeting contribution and leadership as appropriate, daily log book, incident, accident and facility reports
- Display full mastery of opening, swing, closing shifts, service points for staff, managers and private events - leading by example at all times
- Ensure the teams have supplies and equipment needed to perform daily at a high level by maintaining pars, managing inventory and ordering processes for Linen, Office Supplies, Menu Paper, Promotional Materials, Operating Supplies, Service Smallwares, China, Glass, Silver (CGS), Perishable Décor (flowers/produce), and repairs - all while maintaining costs in line with budgets
- Protect Brand Standards for your restaurant by ensuring that all in house marketing materials (menus, fonts, post cards, check presenters, uniforms) meet guidelines
- Ensure the team executes BEOs for private dining and events 100%
- Lead the planning and execution as well as communication of programming for
all promotional and holiday offerings to ensure high level experiences for special
events, holidays, or promotions.
- Create and lead a positive and professional working environment for all employees, including the management team in FOH and BOH.
- Maintain effective and timely communication to all FOH/BOH and HQ team members.
- Work in tandem with corporate HR team to take ownership of recruitment and maintain a high performing service team with high retention rates.
- Coach and develop hourly employees and management team to get the best results and allow for opportunities for them to grow their careers within the company.
- Maintain consistency by following operating procedures including training and development, progressive discipline, review processes.
- Communicate and champion our company benefits and work perks for all level employees as a tool to retain and encourage our team members
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with leadership at all levels,
including sister restaurants within the company in order to promote collaboration,
support, and growth for all.
Administrative & General:
- Fulfill all financial administrative tasks such as invoice processing, scheduling, tracking costs, ensuring accurate ordering and inventory reporting, and attending meetings with the management team to review weekly P&L and analyze data.
- Accountable for meeting budgeted sales goals and budgeted labor and operating costs for the restaurant.
- Monitor labor and expense budgets daily, making adjustments day by day in response to trending sales.
- Responsible for the restaurant 100% complying with all state, federal and local
laws including, but not limited to, payroll compliance, wage and hour laws (NYC
Hospitality Wage Order), Earned Sick Leave Law, COVID-19 Safety precautions,
Department of Health guidelines, and more.
Facility / Health & Safety:
- Work in tandem with the other operators to maintain a top notch facility that complies with all state, local, and federal laws including safety and department of health requirements. The restaurant is expected to receive and maintain an “A” grade from the department of health at all times.
- Perform daily walkthroughs of the facility, communicating any issues in a timely manner to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee monthly preventative services as scheduled by the facilities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary ($110k-$120k)
- Performance Based Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Monthly Metro Card Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Dining Perks
- Career Advancement Opportunities