Salary: $65000 – $70000
Established fine dining brand in LA is seeking a poised, professional Front of House Manager to help lead our opening with precision and a sense of true hospitality. The ideal candidate will provide ongoing training and development of the FOH staff to ensure service standards are consistently executed; act as a liaison between team members and management and provide feedback on executing each shift at a high level of hospitality; Act as an extension of management when working service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Previous restaurant management experience preferred, but we will train qualified candidates for an entry level position
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in high-end, fine dining
- Previous experience in high volume restaurants
- Inherent understanding and impeccably high standards of service
- Interest and level of competency in food and wine
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine a plus
- Ability to make every guest feel welcome and special
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail, whether in the office or on the floor
- Working knowledge of computer, internet, excel, Open Table, Posi, CTUIT
- Work Habits and Attitudes
- Professional and polished presentation in dress, attitude, actions and conversation
- Punctual & Reliable
- Dynamic personality, high energy and charismatic approach with guests and employees alike
- Positive attitude, come from a place of “yes,” where no task is it too large or too small
- Remain calm and unflappable in the presence of stress
*Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at various paces, adapting to business levels, manage time efficiently, be organized, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States.
- Prefer 3 years of previous and relevant experience in a high-end, high-volume restaurant.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training materials, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions as relates to the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to carry out detailed and specific written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve in standardized situations.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to secure and maintain current status of all required certificates, licenses, or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies, including a valid Food Handler Card and a valid Alcohol Awareness Training Certificate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), with walking and occasional sitting; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud, generally in an indoor setting. The employee will work a varying schedule to include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to smoke, heat and/or cold.
- This job description has been approved by the Company. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage everyone to respond.
- Competitive Salary
- Room For Growth
- Fun Work Environment