Unconventional, playful, and approachable, we are a 216-room boutique hotel and neighborhood haven whose easygoing spirit fits seamlessly into its trendsetting neighborhood. The hotel’s timeless architecture and light-filled interiors attract discerning locals and cool-hunting guests alike, as does the range of dining and drinking venues.
These include a festive Mediterranean restaurant, a destination cocktail bar and all-day café, a high-energy nightclub/lounge with a state-of-the-art audio and light system; and an indoor/outdoor rooftop bar whose terrace has breathtaking views of the skyline.
This position will serve as the controller for the food & beverage operations at the property. The position will report directly to the property’s Food & Beverage Director.
- Preparation, delivery of accurate monthly financial statements for F&B operations.
- Ad hoc analysis in conjunction with Operator (i.e. revenue per hour, cover analysis, labor, cogs, pmix, menu engineering, comp reporting, POS prices versus Menu)
- Identify, analyze variance to budget in operating statement with operational team.
- Manage daily income audit, identification and correction of all variances.
- Daily, Weekly reporting (including flash reporting).
- Review purchasing, receivable, and inventory protocols.
- Compile weekly AP packet for submission.
- Review, process F&B tax reconciliations, payments.
- Own Internal accounting controls, monthly inventory audit.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for F&B.
- Manage F&B packages and all respective costs.
- Reconciliation, payment of Sales and other contractual operational taxes.
- Cash management, including flow statement generation and bank control.
- Maintain weekly theoretical versus actual tracking of labor standards.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of hotel and F&B synergies/areas of opportunity.
- Generate, control staffing model and templates (based on Operator inputs).
- Ensure all control functions that are established are followed by coworkers/employees.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and timely deposits of all funds
- Build operating budget in partnership with Director of Food & Beverage.
- F&B accounting experience and knowledge required
- Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and/or night audit experience required
- Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge required
- Accounting software knowledge required
About our Hospitality Group
We are a lifestyle consulting and precision management agency that focuses on creative hospitality, event planning, market branding, and innovative beverage programs within the food and beverage industry. A great passion for the art of the crafted cocktail and its potential to transform experiences brought partners together in 2009. The agency has since been recognized for re-energizing the hospitality industry by creating unique, eclectic food and beverage programs for their own venues and companies.