Salary: $75,000 – $90,000
Award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, we provide 21st century luxury with classic charm. Above all, we are renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. We regularly receive international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
Features 200+ elegant guest rooms and suites — all with breath-taking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include a lounge bar, all-day dining overlooking Central Park and the Manhattan skyline; a 14,500 square-foot Five-Star Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000 square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the shops of Columbus Circle.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Food and Beverage Manager is tasked to organizing the service staff efficiently, overseeing reservation seating, leading the welcome to the guest as they enter into the lounge, and constantly circulating the dining room searching for opportunities to improve service. They are occasionally also tasked with organizing the IRD service staff and coordinators and overseeing amenity set ups as well as IRD events/junkets.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of all menus, all ingredients and techniques including but not exclusive to:
- Current à la carte cocktails.
- Current prix fixe menu cocktails.
- Current beers, both in bottle and on tap.
- Current wines by the glass.
- Current a la carte food items.
- Current prix fixe menu food items.
- All spirits on current menu.
- Participates in pre-service meeting to properly communicate to the service staff the special reservations, dietary restrictions, changes to food and beverage menu items, and expectations of the day’s service.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of food and beverage marketing activities as directed by the Director
- Maintains and communicate Food & Beverage department control and cash handling procedures.
- Assists in the training of new hires and continuing education programs for current staff.
- Assists with organization of private events as directed by the Director.
- Ensures the maintenance and compliance of alcohol safety regulations.
- Ensures that the lounge and IRD service team meets and exceeds guest expectations.
- Greets guests and maintains welcoming atmosphere with the goal of establishing return guests.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Supervises and manages set-up and break-down of dining room before and after service.
- Instructs staff of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Maintains and sets expert level example of guest relations.
- Anticipates guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodates all requests for information courteously.
- Communicates Person of Note (PON) arrivals and special requests to fellow management.
- Responds to guest complaints with the utmost professionalism and represents the brand at all times and balancing the guest’s best interests with the company’s.
- Monitors and ensures that all aspects of service conform to departmental and brand standards.
- Fully comply with all FLHSS&E and Safe & Sound Procedures standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Food & Beverage.
- Fills in for any FOH position when needed and applicable, including but not limited to: set up, serving, cleaning, and hosting.
- Assists with the maintenance of time and attendance punches of all FOH employees.
- Administers verbal and written testing to FOH staff of menu items as the Director and Assistant Director Food and Beverage
- Reports on the day, guest experience, staff performance, and unusual happenings during end of service report.
NOTE: The above is not an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to add, delete, change or modify the job duties and responsibilities described in this job description. The salary listed below is based on qualification and experience.
- Ability to communicate in proper English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide legible written communication in English.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions including but not limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.
- Minimum Twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the FOH department.
- Providing exemplary guest care and hospitality.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the FOH department, including but not limited to those of service, budget, sales, and training.
- Leading by example and demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff.
Salary: $75,000 to $90,000 yearly.