Salary: $60000 – $65000
Luxury hotel in the heart of Dallas is seeking an experienced F&B Manager with banquets and events experience. As a manager, you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the private dining/banquets department, in accordance with hotel standards. You will direct, implement, and maintain a service and management philosophy of exceptional guest service.
You will liaise with guests to ensure optimum service and complete satisfaction. You will supervise, train, and inspect the performance of Banquet Staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel’s standards and Forbes elements of service.
- Leadership and management of a team of F&B professional service staff ensuring standards and required sequence of service components are executed with precision
- Provide exceptional service and ensure guest satisfaction with dining experiences and promote positive guest relations
- Manage department budget ensuring all expenses are in line to budget and forecast including labor expenses.
- Develop schedules for service team based on the requirements for each event for the week and prepare all payroll documents to ensure associated are property compensated.
- Participate in F&B Division, Leadership, and BEO meetings and provide departmental updates
- Collaborate with events sales team to ensure all details of event are understood and communicate to service team
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
- Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish, and method of presentation
- Characteristics/descriptions of wines/champagnes ordered
- Prices for specified selections on cash functions
- Groups’ names and background
- Type of functions and expected attendance/guarantee numbers
- Scheduled hours of service
- Special requests/arrangements
- Order of service, traffic flow in room
- Organize all assigned functions and complete preparation work in accordance with departmental standards.
- Follow up on special arrangements to ensure compliance with such.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness.
- Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to Manager.
- Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Inspect the scheduled function area/room for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments.
- Meet with the Chef and Stewarding to review scheduled group’s menu and equipment requirements.
- Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts and special arrangements.
- Communicate service needs throughout the function.
- Prepare station assignments for Banquet Servers according to group requirements and hotel standards.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Assign stations and side-work to Servers in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Identify situations, which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Conduct pre-meal meeting with Servers and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Inspect buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and layout; ensure agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Ensure replenishment of items as specified on event orders and requested by group contact.
- Ensure name cards, escort cards are set in accordance with group requirements and departmental standards.
- Organize head table assembly and assist in group’s entrance into the function area.
- Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to function, make introduction and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
- Greet guests upon arrival at function and assist in seating as required by group in accordance with departmental standards.
- Direct Servers on timing of service throughout function.
- Communicate additional meal requirements and special requests to the kitchen.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist Banquet Staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Total all charges for the group function, prepare check and present to group contact for payment.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures/policies.
- Ensure that unused food is returned to the kitchen, that designated condiments are broken down and properly stored (butters, cream, dressings, etc.) and that all banquet supplies are returned to designated storage areas.
- Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up. Ensure all department standards are met.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employees’ morale.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submits to Engineering.
- Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Document pertinent information in department logbook and or captains report.
- Inspect all set up and rooms for next day work.
***This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented, as necessary.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- 5+ years’ experience in upscale banquet service leadership position
- Fine Dining experience
- Hospitality degree preferred.
- Must have alcohol server’s certification or become certified as required by company policy
- Required to speak, read, and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software – InfoGenesis, Avero, Birchstreet, ADP WorkforceNow
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to enforce hotel’s standards, policies, and procedures with assigned staff; ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work and the ability to direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrections where needed; ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team; ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training;
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate to customers clearly.
- To accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to prepare most common drinks.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
- Ability to understand guests’ service needs
- Ability to access and input information into P.O.S. system
- Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, lift up to 50 pounds of ten times daily, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Competitive Salary