Salary: $140000 – $15000
Fine-dining Japanese concept seeking a Sushi Chef with a creative approach to both Sushi and hot food. A successful brand, high volume, luxury property, stable company.
Scope of Work:
- Maintain a “sense of urgency” attitude for the completion of responsibilities/tasks
- Consistently maintaining a high degree of cleanliness and organization with appearance, throughout the preparation area, and sushi bar.
- Manage temperature controls with coolers and sushi countertops
- Expediting and controlling quality of dishes
- Upkeep and proper storage of product
- Greet, interact, and communicate with guests on a regular basis including taking orders.
- Properly display and arrange visual presentation of products in sushi trays and cases
- 3+ years of experience as a Sushi Chef with high volume experience
- Culinary creativity for menu engineering and seasonal menu changes.
- Must be able to show experience through technique.
- Strong knife skills
- Able to take initiative in a VIP driven and guest service focused environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Inventory control, Menu, plate & labor costing.
- Menu/recipe creation, maintenance and documentation, with daily staff education.
- Thorough knowledge of food handling practices including a food protection certificate.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate, coach and develop a dynamic team.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Relocation assistance
- EOE: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status