Salary: $85000 – $95000
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Executive Sous Chef to join our thriving team!
From the meat dry-aging room, floor-to-ceiling wine cellar, charcuterie station, to the breath-taking views of Los Angeles, our restaurant is considered one of the best date-night spots in the valley. Our seasonally-inspired, steak-forward menu features interesting cuts of meats from top-notch butchers, a raw bar, vegetable-centric sides, and build-it-yourself charcuterie boards.
We are hiring individuals that believe in the mission of delivering a 5-star experience to our fellow team members, guests, partners and community. Join us in this high energy and naturally fast-paced environment where you are an essential piece to our sophisticated and captivating dining experience.
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for overseeing and directing the effective and efficient operation of food production activities for the restaurant. They support the Executive Chef by completing projects and tasks as directed, and may act temporarily act in their absence. They exemplify the Company’s values, safety and sanitation standards, code of conduct and work rules. They are highly knowledgeable of all Company safety and sanitation policies, procedures, and protocols, skilled at using all information restaurant systems, flexible in responding to operational needs with a “can-do” approach, and maintain the highest level of professionalism.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages and performs all work activities required to maintain the efficient and effective operation of food production activities for the restaurant in accordance with BOH manuals, and other management directives, including but not limited to forecasting, monitoring and controlling food usage and cost, managing storeroom requisition systems and product storage requirements, standardization of recipes, and waste, safety and sanitation control procedures.
- Monitors kitchen staff compliance with all preparation, cooking and recipe guidelines for food quality and proper presentation, safety, cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Trains, coaches, counsels, disciplines and documents observations of kitchen team members in accordance with established procedures, protocols and administrative requirements; completes performance reviews, and makes recommendations to hire, promote and terminate team members.
- Promotes effective strategies and employee engagement approaches to instill team support of organizational values, priorities and objectives.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Chef for standard operating procedures, policies, protocols and guidelines that promote the effective, efficient, and safe operation of the restaurant and team productivity and well-being.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors the kitchen budget to ensure that expenditures stay within set limitations; forecasts labor costs and makes presentations to the Executive Chef in accordance with established protocols and deadlines.
- 2-year college degree in culinary arts, or closely related field (preferred)
- Current food safety certification, such as ServSafe and SafeStaff
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising the full range of a restaurant and/or catering venue kitchen, with a minimum of $10-15M in F&B revenue.
- Exemplifies the Company’s values
- Fosters and promotes effective employee relations
- Fosters a workplace culture of hospitality, respect, safety and sanitation
- Consistently manages, evaluates and documents employee behavior and performance
- Demonstrates a responsive, caring and respectful approach in all personal interactions with others
- Wears approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Complies with all safety, cleaning and sanitation, code of conduct, work rules and management instructions, deadlines, policies and procedures
- Complies with all hygiene and personal grooming requirements
- Arrives to work on time in designated restaurant uniform
- Participates in all required trainings and completes all required examinations
- Team player and can-do mindset in supporting all business operational needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively engage others verbally
- High level of culinary/cooking skills in order to train and coach accordingly.
- Ability to listen and speak in English in order to maintain effective communications in the performance of essential job functions
- Ability to read and comprehend multiple data sources, such as written work instructions, policies, procedures and other work materials in English in order to perform essential duties in accordance with safety, sanitation and operational standards and trainings
- Knowledge of supervision and performance management principles
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Competitive compensation + bonus potential
- Lifestyle Spending Account benefit, which supports you and your family in numerous ways such as through gym memberships, child care, student loans & more!
- Comprehensive health insurance plans that include substantial medical, dental and vision options
- 401k with annual employer match
- Employer paid life insurance
- Variety of supplemental benefit plans
- Health Savings Account
- Monthly dining reward dollars to use at various company locations
- Paid vacation
- Paid/floating holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Education Assistance Program (EdAP) for hospitality related education growth
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to assist with work life balance
- Employee Referral Program with payouts up to $4,000 each for qualifying management positions