Salary: $80000 – $90000
This restaurant is the critically acclaimed NYC hotspot from that has racked up accolades ranging from Eater and James Beard Awards best new restaurant of the year to 3 stars from the New York Times. Restaurant offers warm, knowledgeable service, an all natural wine list and innovative updates to classic French cuisine.
After years working together at New York mainstays, chefs a unique mark on New York City’s restaurant scene creating buzzworthy restaurants that are founded in collaboration, professionalism, and innovation. Their attention to detail and commitment to employee growth has created a company culture that is welcomed and necessary.
We are currently looking for experienced Executive Sous Chefs to join our culinary team. The ideal candidate displays an excitement for food and hospitality. As a critical member of the culinary team, a successful Sous will prioritize positivity, passion, and flexibility. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an energetic, seasoned and diverse team that is committed to creating an inclusive and dynamic workplace to learn, collaborate and grow.
Restaurant offers a competitive pay and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Influentially lead a team while working collaboratively with our Chef de Cuisine to execute dishes and assist menu development
- Produce consistent, quality dishes in a fast-paced environment
- Provide a positive influence to the team and coverage or assistance to all stations as needed
- Work well under pressure while also creating a welcoming work environment that increases staff morale
- Ability to multitask, watch wastage, cooking temps and quality to reduce additional costs
- Assist with inventory to support the kitchen operating at a sustainable food cost
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary standards throughout the facility in compliance with DOH standards.
- Maintain a safe environment for all Team Members.
- 2+ years of culinary / food and beverage line position in a high-volume restaurant
- Excellent knife skills, plating techniques, and attention to detail
- New York City Food Handler Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Lift and carry 30+ pounds
- Ability to work long hours standing, shifts will last up to 10 hours
As an important member of our team, you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off + Work Life Balance
- Family meal while working + Dining Discounts when off
- Learning & Development