Salary: $125000 – $150000
Flagship Resort is looking for their newest executive Pastry Chef. The oversight will include 4 fine dining concepts, 2 coffee shops, and amenity/ event program.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the incumbent is fully responsible for the daily preparation of the pastries, cakes and other desserts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervises the daily workload and activities in the pastry areas.
- Confirms with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in pastry department matters.
- Plans production schedule.
- Adheres to all company and department policies and all food and beverage requisitions and procedures.
- Maintains bake shop in a clean and sanitary manner in accordance with local and state health department codes.
- Ensures the bake shop operates within established guidelines in respect of food and beverage labor costs.
- Communicates with staff on all pertinent issues and needs.
- Promotes positive customer relations; handles customer complaints.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED as well as Culinary Arts degree preferred with six (6) to ten (10) years of food production experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus