Creative and growing casual Asian concept is seeking an Executive Chef for the new Washington DC location. The Head Chef will oversee kitchen operations, create an innovative menu, and prepare or coordinate the preparation of food ordered by patrons. Great opportunity for a culinary leader to join a growing casual concept!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Oversees the operations of the kitchen and back-of-house, ensuring that food is prepared safely, efficiently, and according to specifications or request
• Ensures kitchen runs in accordance with all applicable health, safety, and hygiene codes and standards. Maintains a DOH score of 95 or better
• Approved Serve Safe or other QFO certificate
• Procure, hire, teach / train and develop staff at every position in BOH
• Oversees stocking, ordering, and purchasing of ingredients, ensuring that necessary ingredients are available and as fresh as possible while also minimizing spoilage and waste.
• Maintains and inspects kitchen equipment and utensils, recommending repairs or replacements as needed
• Maintains kitchen budget and does period end inventory
• Collaborates with specialty chefs on menu items—for example, works with Culinary Director and Corporate Chef to design an innovative, appealing, and complementary seasonal and special menus.
• Performing other work-related duties as assigned – Including working the line, doing prep, and executing quality control
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• At least two years of culinary managerial experience required
• Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
• Ability to work in high-stress environment
• Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment
The Head Chef will oversee kitchen operations, create an innovative menu, and prepare or coordinate the preparation of food ordered by patrons.