Salary: $110000 – $125000
The Executive Chef is responsible for how we tell the story of food in dining at restaurant. This person is responsible for how we teach our staff, how we work with our farmers and suppliers and what it feels like to be well fed. The Chef is the leader of a team who practices the craft of hospitality, and how we send our message out into the world.
The day to day responsibilities include running the kitchen, leading services, building new dishes, managing our relationships with people, and taking care of our space. The job involves developing strategy for our dining program and deciding what it should mean to dine at restaurant.
– You will care for our team of sous chefs, cooks and porters. Lead by example, setting clear expectations, encouraging people to do their best work, and guiding them with positive encouragement and consistent feedback.
– You be responsible for menus in our main dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as in room dining. You will also be responsible for our banquets menus, and the menu at our pool.
– You will work with our culinary director, our banquets chef, pastry chef, our baker to find the best way do what we do
– You will collaborate with all the teams on property to care for our guests and staff in the best possible ways
– Develop and lead new projects from special dinners to educational programming, finding new ways to evolve our space, our story and our culture.
Be an excellent communicator – but especially a good listener.
Be proficient in using the tools of a modern kitchen, from cooking equipment to local and global ingredients to technology in kitchen and in the office.
Your knowledge of cooking techniques and cultures, of working with growers and foragers should be top notch. We need to all learn from you. You also must be willing to learn from everyone you meet who brings a new way.
We expect you to bring your own culture and community, and we will welcome it into Restaurant. We also expect you to be excited about food and sharing it with people. The food at Troutbeck is fresh and bright. It should be timeless and modern at the same time. It is of this place but informed by global traditions. It is complex yet inviting. It is easy to enjoy at many levels without…showing off.
And at the end of it all, we expect you to be your best self.
Salary range 100-125k