Highly anticipated new restaurant in the heart of Downtown San Jose from the dynamic team behind several iconic and ultra creative craft cocktail bars in the area is opening soon and seeking an Executive Chef. The cuisine will have culinary influences from Spain, France, Italy and the greater Mediterranean. The approach will be a modern and not a classic interpretation of these cuisines. The restaurant space is located inside a building that recently underwent a $60 million dollar renovation and has been designed by award winning firm Basile Studios. The space features an open kitchen concept utilizing a wood burning parrilla grill and a wood burning oven. We anticipate an opening date in the first quarter of 2024.
- Menu Development - Create and design innovative menus inspired by the cuisine of Spain, France, Mediterranean, and Basque regions.
- Executive Leadership - Assembling kitchen leadership team to manage all aspects of the food program and different meal services.
- Mentorship - Train and mentor kitchen staff on culinary techniques and best practices.
- Manage Inventory and Cost - Manage inventory and order necessary ingredients to maintain a well-stocked kitchen. Design and implement cost-effective strategies to maximize profitability without compromising quality.
- Manage Operations and Standards - Oversee kitchen operations and ensure all dishes are cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Ensure adherence to food safety and sanitation standards.
- Continuing Education - Stay updated on current culinary trends within the designated regions to continuously improve menu offerings.
- Communication - Maintain effective communication with front-of-house staff to ensure smooth operations and exceptional guest experiences. Involved with daily, weekly, monthly meetings with leadership & ownership.
- Proven experience as an Executive Chef or similar role in high-end high-volume restaurant
- Extensive knowledge or have a curious culinary mind of the culinary traditions, ingredients, and techniques used in Spain, France, Italy and the greater Mediterranean.
- Passion for creativity in the kitchen and the ability to bring unique flavors together harmoniously.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team of chefs. Creative ways to keep positive culture in the kitchen & restaurant.
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Certification from a recognized culinary institution is preferred but not required.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive Compensation ($110k-$130k)
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Dining Perks
- Growth Opportunities