The Executive Chef is the guardian of the food served at this counter service pizzeria. The Executive Chef will help open this restaurant and will oversee the entire culinary operation. The Exec Chef ensures the quality standard of food, ingredients, processes and procedures. They are accountable for all aspects of the food program at the restaurant including purchasing, food safety, sanitation, training, hiring and development of Cooks, Dishwashers.
- Review daily sales figures, comparing to budget, last week and previous years Labor
- Control labor during shift. Assess sales volume and make labor cuts where and when necessary.
- Review daily labor figures (dollars and hours), compare to budget, sales projections, as well as prior week sales Eliminate/minimize any overtime, training expenses.
- Write a great schedule to ensure the restaurant is properly staffed to meet the restaurant needs and budget expectations
- Ensure proper replacement coverage is filled when a tribe member calls-out for their shift
- Conduct weekly food and beverage inventory and determines actual costs.
- Review weekly cost of goods sold, compare to budget, and prior week /year sales. Investigate reasons for high costs and solve problems.
- Follow proper procedures for daily invoice review and logging, price review, ordering/receiving, tracking waste and spoilage, setting par levels, daily production checklists, and portioning control controllable. Investigate and understand reasons for high costs.
- Hiring, training, and following up on disciplinary issues
- 2-5 years experience as a CDC and Executive chef of notable restaurants and or hotel restaurants
- Experience working with fire and wood fired pizza ovens is desired
- Must have experience working in the San Diego market
- Strong leadership capability with an emphasis on leading by example
- Unmatched professionalism and the highest standards for cleanliness and organization
- Advanced knife skills
- Experience with labor management, costing and recipe development
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication and time management ability
- A focus on the details, especially food quality, food safety and sanitation
- An active ServSafe Food Safety Certificate
- A flexible schedule. Mornings, nights, weekends and holidays are required
- Competitive salary
- Bonus (Up to $10-15K/year)
- Benefits including vacation pay, medical, dental and vision insurance-
- Company dining package
- EOE: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We are an EEO Employer.Employment Type: Permanent