Salary: $90000 – $100000
Full Creative Freedom, small plates, high profile
The Head Chef will oversee kitchen operations, create an innovative menu, and prepare or coordinate the preparation of food ordered by patrons.
- Trains and/or oversees training of kitchen staff.
- Schedules kitchen staff, assigning roles based on experience and skills.
- Supervises work product from kitchen and back-of-house staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with restaurant policy.
- Oversees the operations of the kitchen and back-of-house, ensuring that food is prepared safely, efficiently, and according to specifications or request.
- Ensures kitchen runs in accordance with all applicable health, safety, and hygiene codes and standards. Achieve an A grade rating from Dept. of Health.
- Creates and modifies the restaurant’s menu based on food trends, food costs, patron requests, and seasonal availability, or directed by GM/Ownership.
- Oversees stocking, ordering, and purchasing of ingredients, ensuring that necessary ingredients are available and as fresh as possible while also minimizing spoilage and waste.
- Maintains and inspects kitchen equipment and utensils, recommending repairs or replacements as needed.
- Maintains kitchen budget, including managing food and labor COGS.
- Sets prices for food items on the menu. Create recipes and costing inline with budgets.
- Collaborates with specialty chefs on menu items—for example, works with pastry chefs to design an innovative, appealing, and complementary dessert menu.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to produce an excellent culinary and restaurant experience for patrons.
- Extremely creative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, managerial, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and mentorship skills. Creating a positive, professional and pleasant work environment for all.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant experience or training, which may be demonstrated via degree or certificate, completion of apprenticeship, or other experience necessary to become trained as a highly skilled professional cook.
- At least three years of culinary managerial experience required.
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing and cooking food.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.