High profile restaurant group is seeking an experienced Executive Chef for the opening of a new popular hotspot in NYC next spring. Only applicants with relevant luxury, chef-driven brands need apply. Ideal candidates will have opening experience, stable tenures, keen attention to detail, ability to manage large scale operations and a proven track record of mentorship and managing teams under pressure. Serving a thoughtfully sourced and designed menu, the Executive Chef will focus heavily on systems management, cost controls, facilities oversight, health code compliance, training and development and quality control. Our Executive Chef will be fun, professional, calm under pressure and flexible. Bilingual a huge plus!
*You must also have excellent references (we will check).
**NYC-based applicants will be shortlisted.
- Minimum 3+ year experience in Exec Chef role (or higher).
- Recent opening experience
- Kitchen and menu design experience
- Michelin and/or James Beard recognition a huge plus!
- Organized and comprehensive purchasing experience.
- Strong, local NYC vendor relations.
- Inventory control, menu, plate & labor costing.
- Experience leading a kitchen team of 50+ employees.
- Thorough knowledge of food handling practices including a food protection certificate.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and coach a dynamic team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Passion for success, and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.
- Intermediate computer skills & knowledge.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Phone and dining allowance
- Press recognition